[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's discuss why pic related is better than Black Folliage.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
Let's discuss why pic related is better than Black Folliage.
>>
Which was better? Green Typewriters or Green Typewriters?
>>
i prefer the white album to both
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 500x500
Let's discuss why pic related is better than Cubist Castle.
>>
>>61354659
Holiday Surprise 1, 2, 3
>>
File: CS1701538-02A-BIG.jpg (116 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
CS1701538-02A-BIG.jpg
116 KB, 700x700
>>61354727
y not just go full psych
>>
>>61354773
You have a very narrow understanding of psych, prob never taken acid...
>>
>>61354819
what are you talking about
>>
>>61354819
Does pure acid even exist anymore
>>
>>61354845
How is that complication lp."more psych" than skylarking? dukes of stratosphere is them making fun/paying homage to older bands than inspired them, while XTC, skylarking, is them pushing their new music forward. They're both psych, except skylarking is more neo psych (personally more psych than dukes, better production)
>>
>>61354610
>>61354729
SPENDING MY LAST DOLLAR ON A HOTEL AND A RESTAURANT
SKY LOOKS GRAY BUT THE SKY INSIDE IS A MIGHTY GREAT ONE
>>
>>61355014
barf

indie garbo
>>
>>61355014
REMEMBER THE BELIEFS WE HAD BACK THEN
SAID WE'D NEVER CHANGE OUR MINDS
>>61355043
shut up b4 i cyberbully u
>>
>>61354939
cba to reply
skylarking is pastoral pop with psych sprinkles dukes is full on tribute to psych pop from the 60s how wouldnt it be more psychedelic

skylarking has ear shattering production btw
>>
>>61355210
As a tribute all they're doing is trying to sound like the Beatles and pink Floyd

Skylarking is bold and challenging, and the production is shallow? If anything the Dukes albums are shallow trying to imitate the 60s, as a joke

And pop music is VERY psych
>>
>>61355210
Yeah because the billions of overdubs and effects on Grass are just "sprinkles"
>>
both albums are retro-wankery
>>
>>61355352
in a good way?????????????????????????
>>
>>61355314
>As a tribute all they're doing is trying to sound like the Beatles and pink Floyd
is that not what they did on skylarking if you replace pf with brian wilson

>>61355339
i worded that poorly
im not saying that songs like earn enough for us and grass (which sounds just like a dukes song btw) just had sprinkles of psyche
the psych elements stop around at the man who sailed around his soul so you can see where i am coming from with the sprinkle album-isn't-really-a-full-on-psych-album thing
>>
>>61355367
no, in the worst way
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.