[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>go into chart thread >Don't recognize a single artist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: photo.jpg (23 KB, 385x385) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
23 KB, 385x385
>go into chart thread
>Don't recognize a single artist in anyones charts aside from the /mu/-core scattered about.

How do you guys do it? Where do you find the time to get into music as much as you do. I have so much shit going on in my life (job, college, social life, girlfriend, other hobbies) I have maybe two hours for music if I'm lucky.
>>
>job, college, social life, girlfriend, other hobbies
most people here don't have that
>2 hours
nigga that's a lot. Attentive listens of new music for 2 hours everyday and you're all peachy.
>>
>>61344099
This is gonna sound kinda wierd, but I'm current doing a full disgog listen of everything in into, I'm keeping tabs of how I'd rank everything out of 10 and I'm gonna build charts off of that.

It's really just so I can have a diffinitive idea of "what I'm into" and use it to help me explore
>>
I'm a depressed guy with no social life, shit gets boring senpai

As for finding music Discogs, RYM, Last.fm, and /mu/ suffice
>>
yeah, just use spotify or some shit, they even make you a list every week of music that you will probably enjoy based on what you have been listning
>>
>>61344044
Talk to other musicians. Honestly, this has been one of the fastest ways for me to get into new music. It's hard to find musicians who are actually into what you want to learn about, but seek out musicians, jam with them, and you'll eventually find them. During the past year, I've only jammed with two bands for small periods of time, and made 2 jazz musician friends. They know a shit ton more than I do, so I constantly ask questions and they don't mind.

I'm not even that social, anon. Granted, I have a little more time than you since I've just been doing school part time for the last semester, but even I don't spend more than maybe 2-4 hours a day listening to music, and half of it is in the car by myself.

Just ask people questions, ask for recommendations, put them in your phone for later so you don't forget. Meet up with musicians, go to places where musicians go. Work on deflating your ego if you have an inflated one. It's worth it.

One thing I'd avoid is talking to non-musician fans of music. Often they seem like they just jump onto whatever's trendy and conversations about music seem to dry up quickly, but maybe if I were a non-musician, it'd be different. Idk. I'd say everyone into music should learn a basic instrument.
>>
Record
Label
Exploring
>>
>>61344161
you should get last.fm or use RYM if you want to keep track, or just put what you like on your phone that's how I do it
>>
>>61344934
This is good advice. For finding music for sure and will get you a lot more enjoyment out of it if there's a social aspect where you feel you can actually go and discuss this stuff with people.
I'd also add that you shouldn't feel obliged to be like the people in the chart threads. Your music listening habits aren't being assessed and graded. You do this stuff because you enjoy it. Not because you're playing some game that involves you getting to the next level by listening to more obscure music.
Just do what makes you happy.
>>
I think I only listen to like 5 new albums a year.
>>
if you don't listen to music at least 14 hours a day you should fuck off back to /sp/ or whatever shithole of a board you came from you dumb frogposter crossie desu
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.