[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm not sure if I understand why this album received so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: art-angels.jpg (243 KB, 807x809) Image search: [Google]
art-angels.jpg
243 KB, 807x809
I'm not sure if I understand why this album received so many glowing reviews. It played like a fairly average alternative pop album with a few good moments imo. I don't hate it, but I don't love it like a lot of people seem to.
>>
They're just pretending to like it
>>
File: 1400520109663.jpg (329 KB, 1247x703) Image search: [Google]
1400520109663.jpg
329 KB, 1247x703
Your answer is faggot teenager memes.
>>
I think it's a really good progressive pop album...but to each their own I guess
>>
The first half of this album if a fucking trainwreck and it wouldn't be successful if it weren't for the popularity of visions.
>>
What are some good Grimes albums?
>>
the hooks are amazing
>>
It's the pop AOTY by far for me. Just incredibly addictive, well written, well produced songs. People say 'wah it's just top 40' but if all the top 40 whores actually did their own fucking work and bothered to make entire albums of catchy songs instead of 1 or 2 singles and a bunch of landfill then maybe top 40 would be worth a damn
>>
>>61342531
Actually it's fucking dogshit but whatever.
>>
>>61342707
Definitely some catchy songs, but I didn't think the writing was anything amazing. I do give her credit for putting it all together, though.
>>
File: no.jpg (573 KB, 1473x1413) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
573 KB, 1473x1413
>>61342707
> this > Emotion, Simple Songs, Divers, No Now
>>
claire is friends with a lot of journalists from pitchfork, vice, spin, etc. so everything she does will always be overhyped. just like bradford cox and meredith graves.
>>
i listened to this polished turd on youtube. NOTHING stuck out for it. i think its a depressingly boring year if pitchfork says this tripe and kendricks forgettable album are at the top
>>
>>61343379
claire hates pitchfork actually
>>
>>61343404
>youtube
there's just 2/3 tracks on there, the rest are just live versons recorded on phones
>>
>>61343539
i'm sure she does in a general sense, but she's also friends with jenn pelly and other p4k girls. the reality is that a lot of these writers and influencers come from the same social circles as the "hip" artists in nyc, chicago, and la. which makes complete sense, i'm not saying there's some grand conspiracy, but it happens. it's completely logical that james murphy and zachary cole smith chill with ryan schreiber and i get it, but i do believe there's a bias there with certain artists that come from certain circles.
>>
>>61343734
>the reality is
OH BABY EVERY MORNING THERE ARE MOUNTAINS TO CLIMB
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.