[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
itt: jimmy eats the world
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
>>
THIS TIME IT'S ON MY OWN
>>
>>61339436

THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST
>>
seriously, one of my favourite albums tho
>>
>>61339484
its p good, dont see it brought up here that often. though it might in /emo/ but i dont go in generals
>>
IF YOU'RE LISTENING

WOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAH
>>
They were a pretty great band up until Bleed American.

Static Prevails and Clarity are awesome albums.
>>
>>61339531
>being this pleb
chase this light is underrated and futures is their best along with clarity
>>
>>61339410
YOU'RE NOT BIGGER THAN THIS NOT BETTER WHY CAAAAAAAAAAAN'T YOUUUUUU LEAAAAAAARN
>>
Everyone in this thread needs to die lmao
>>
>>61339531
Bleed American has some GREAT songs on it. If only the second half was as good as the first, it would be just as great as Clarity.
>>
>>61339591
y?
>>
>>61339553

Chase This Light is a fantastic pop/rock album.

But, Futures is a complete dog turd.

Over produced, the ham-fisted lyrics dialed up to 11, generic rawk riffs tacked on to nearly every song, Futures sucks ass.

And while their more modern output hasn't always beenweak (we'll call anything post Bleed American modern) they have yet to produce anything better than what they did in their emo days.
>>
>>61339674

They're not a meme worthy enough band for our friend.
>>
>tfw goodbye sky harbor
>>
>>61339894
favorite song tbqh love it in it's entirety

don't post /emoe/ but do you like jimmy eat world
>>
I personally love Clarity and Futures above all the rest. Bleed American has some great songs and some just OK ones. Chase This Light is solid all around. Invented has some really fucking shitty songs on it but also some really good songs on it. Damage was all around pretty decent. Static Prevails I'm not huge on. The unreleased self-titled never happened. Stay on My Side tonight has 3 great songs, a nice cover of a Heatmiser song, and a really shitty remix.

Overall I love them. I saw them live when they did a 10 Year anniversary tour for Futures. Played the whole album live and another two encore sets afterward. They're really good performers.
>>
>>61340277
Clarity>Bleed American=Stay On My Side Tonight>Chase This Light>Futures>Static Prevails>Damage
and all of those albums are a 6/10 and above
>>
GOAT classic JEW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4oB8fI1TxE
>>
>>61340345

I'd rank them pretty similar to yours except Static much higher and Futures even lower.

Clarity>Bleed American>Static Prevails>Singles (Compilation)>Chase This Light>the rest>Futures
>>
>>61340345

I think we can all agree Clarity is their best

I just wish it was recognized by normies a bit more. People only seem to give a shit about Bleed American or Futures era stuff.
>>
I have the Clarity CD in my car and listen to it every day when I drive to work.

Nowadays I don't really listen to most of the emo bands I used to love (Mineral, Texas is the Reason, The Promise Ring, etc.) but Clarity holds up really well. "A Sunday" and "Blister" are my fucking jams

Jimmy Eat World has a consistently good discography as well. Even their major label material (like Bleed American and Futures) is solid stuff.
>>
Maybe I shouldn't be surprised that Futures isn't so popular on /mu/

I have a personal attachment to it because of the time of my life I first listened to it, so I guess I'm biased towards it.

I still like almost all the music I listened to in middle school and High School. Maybe it's because my tastes are kinda pleb by /mu/ standards but I think that's fine.
>>
THIS TIME IT MEANS

STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP
>>
File: wavves-cloud-nothings.jpg (85 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
wavves-cloud-nothings.jpg
85 KB, 380x380
Did anyone else here like the Wavves x Cloud Nothings collab?

Definitely gave off some Clarity like vibes on it. Especially the moody instrumental stuff. Last song on the album reminds of the Wedding Present cover that JEW did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDzseibuEvg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4wuTk4NiJk
>>
>>61341339
I thought it was alright, and I don't really like Wavves. Definitely got kind of a harsh treatment by critics, I thought.
>>
>>61341369

Wavves is a singles band.

It's tough going getting through an entire album from them.

I'd say I'm a fan of Cloud Nothings though and really think the collaboration brought out the best in the Wavves guy. And their vocal trade offs really brought me back to that era in the 90s of emo/post hardcore with albums like Clarity.
>>
>>61341369
I recommend the EP they put out with Zach Hill, it's quite different, but really, really good imo (not as pop and a bit noisier overall)
And that's coming from someone who doesn't really like the rest of their output
>>
File: Jimmy Eat World - Futures.jpg (117 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Jimmy Eat World - Futures.jpg
117 KB, 500x500
>>61339676
Nope, Futures is a perfect middle ground between Clarity and Bleed American, with a better emotional bent than the latter. World You Love, Polaris and 23 are glorious. But of course, Clarity is still their best.

>>61340277
Sounds like we're on a similar page.
>>
My dad has an old poster from the 90s for a Weezer, Jimmy Eat World and Mineral show. It was like $5 for a ticket
>>
>>61341704
Post a pic of it friend
>>
>>61341558
The riff on the title track gets me every time.

>>61341704
>weezer
>jimmy eat world playing their first album
>mineral
neat
>>
>>61341743
Sadly I don't have it. Its in my dads keepsakes
>>
>>61341704
What would be today's version of that
>>
>>61341799
>citizen
>thrice
>desaparecidos

First three that came to mind, feel free to criticize
>>
Used to talk shit on JEW until an anon on this board convinced me to give Clarity a shot. It took a few listens, but it hasn't left my rotation since. If you're lurking, thanks anon.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.