[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's with all the bullshit retro revivalist music these
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
What's with all the bullshit retro revivalist music these days. Why can't anyone make something original anymore?
>>
because its easier to fail

see: Liturgy - The Arkwork
>>
why did you lump Carrie and Lowell in with those? it is stripped down compared to his other releases but I still don't see how it is retro indie bullshit
>>
can d'angelo really be called "retro revivalist" when he's making the same music he was in the 90s
>>
>>61336059
Why is ark work getting hated on here again? It's a solid album, it ain't normie material, it should be such a dead giveaway that /mu/ loves it
>>
>>61336479
It's bad though
>>
>>61336018
How are Kasami and Kendrick revivalist? They're just taking sounds and working with them, not bringing back the good ol' stuff. Anyways, I totally feel your frustration.
>>
Black Messiah and MAYBE Carrie & Lowell are the only good albums in that chart
>>
>>61336059
>the ark work
> a failure
What?
>>
>>61336018
emo revival best revival
>>
>>61336479
at least for me it was actually kind of a backhanded compliment which I assume is better than hating. I respect that it took chances and consequently think its the most original album this year.

>>61336613
rap? its not all bad though and admittedly I've only heard it twice the last being quite awhile ago.
>>
>>61336672
literally the worst genre of all time
>>
Bad bait, none of this is really really revivally.
>>
>>61336908
shut the hell up
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.