[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of King Krule? Been listening to him a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (54 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
54 KB, 1280x720
What does /mu/ think of King Krule?

Been listening to him a lot lately, had a terrible break up a few weeks ago and basically his lyrics speak up to everything I'm feeling now. And he's just a fucking kid. What a prodigy IMO 2bh familias.
>>
>>61330116
think hes god tier..can't wait to see what he does when hes a little older
>>
>>61330201
That is, if he's alive by then.

Gives me the vibe that he'll do something stupid one of these days. I sure hope he doesn't, love his music.
>>
>>61330116
his lyrics are pretty hard to digest
>>
>>61330722
In the good or the bad way?
>>
came here just to check if there was a thread about him. i can't take listening to ANP2D (altough he released it under his actual name) cause it's just too much man. i am overwhelmed by the existence of his music
>>
>>61330787
in the way that makes me feel like a pleb and leaves me guessing at to the meaning of it
>>
>>61330847
i think his lyrics are pretty straight-forward even if he uses a lot of metaphors
>>
>>61330116
He's ok, but he's no Lemmy.
>>
Genius. No jokes no memes I think he's one of the best today. Yet to give a proper listen to the new album because I can't be arsed to buy it

Ocean bed is about taking a girls virginity
>>
>>61330821
>>61330922
It's not just that I'm overwhelmed, it's that I can't believe a kid younger than me is able to produce something so good and original today. Not only that but making incompatible genres work together.

Can't even find words to describe how good and eerily personal his lyrics are.

I'm glad some people on /mu/ like him. Thought you'd be making fun of me for liking this guy.
>>
>>61330922
yeahhh i always thought that as well. thats a good example of what i meant by the lyrics being straight-forward
>>
>>61331025
i know what you mean man. i don't think any of the genres that he's been clearly influenced by are incompatible though... i'd say that i love how unusual/unlikely is the mixture of those genres in his music though
>>
>>61331033
Perhaps they're straight forward about the theme of the song but each line can be interpreted more deeply. He writes like that.

I listened to 6 feet a lot at a certain time but it just makes me super sad now. It's one of those albums I love but don't really listen to because it puts me in a time and a place
>>
File: FEEEL.jpg (30 KB, 350x284) Image search: [Google]
FEEEL.jpg
30 KB, 350x284
>>61331190
>It's one of those albums I love but don't really listen to because it puts me in a time and a place
This break up is really taking a toll on me and his music is helping. But at the same time I know it'll bring me back here if I ever get over it.

Wish this guy all the possible success he can get, he deserves it.
>>
>>61331190
hmm yeah i guess he does like to give space for ambiguity. i can't listen to 6 feet again for the exact same reason... it's a pretty amazing unhealthy album. listening to ANP2D now but i know i'll have to stop soon cause it's TOO MUCH. argh
>>
>>61331292
Hope you feel better man
>>
oh shit i didn't even know he had a new album and i never even gave the first one a proper listen...shit ima have shit cut out for me
>>
>>61330922
>Ocean Bed
damn I would not have been able to infer that at all. How'd you figure it out?
>>
anybody have links to either labum?
>>
>>61331373
Hope so too, man. Right now I'm doing my best to avoid an heroing and Archy's music sorta helps. Sorta.
Thanks, Anon.
>>
>>61331507
I'll be dead honest and say I read it in a rap genius annotation but as a side comment. Then all the lyrics made sense. I knew it was about a girl, that's obvious but that annotation really made the difference. Looking back at it, I should have known when I first heard it
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7S0XwBA53Q&list=PL6N3JtIK24ERnIpw8wUbCfrepyA3CytKD&index=7

this is fucking god tier...jesus
>>
does anybody have 320 links please?
>>
>>61331822
Rutracker, anon. His entire discog is there.
>>
went to school with him and this thread is making me cringe lmao
>>
>>61331951
Didn't he basically dropout? Liar, stop lying.
>>
>>61331658
hmm, I'm still skeptical. As soon as I read your post, I immediately ran the lyrics through my head, and I was like okay maybe it is, but why's he saying "Father" and a lot of it didn't really stick imo. I remember reading on genius something about the Victor lines being taken from a poem. Do you think the poem has to do with that theory too?
>>
>>61331951
yeah im sure you bullied him for being a ginger as well
>>
>>61331951
fucking liar.
>>
I wasn't too into 6 Feet Beneath the Moon. His voice and lyrics are great, but I'm not really digging the production on more than a couple tracks.
>>
>>61331951
prove it britfag
>>
>>61331980
>>61332038
Went brit school like adele , amy winehouse ect
>>61332019
He was a bit of a nob himself
>>
>>61331983
not that guy, but in one of the versions of the song (probably the first one) he only sang "lover" instead of "father" and you are correct that those lines were taken from a poem, they're from w. h. auden. apart from those lines, if it's not about taking a girls virginity then at least it is about eating pussy come on
>>
>>61332113
dont doubt he was a little shit, he's recognized it himself, but if you're not a liar (which you are) you're an idiot anyway
>>
>>61332205
Thanks ,dont really see what i would get out of lying but whatever.

Whys that?
>>
>>61330116
Mac DeMarco plus

hope he doesnt get too popular, kids at my school even know who he is ;_:
>>
>>61332272
no. mac demarco is much better imo
>>
>>61332251
well you said this thread is making you cringe and i assumed it's because discussing the depth of his music is ridiculous to you since you're imagining us talking about the 12-year-old loser version of archy you knew
>>
Truly a patrician artist
>>
>>61332316
mac demarco is not a serious musician, he doesn't see himself that way either. archy is completely devoted to his art and it's very important to him. which is why his music it is way more relevant than mac demarco's meme sound
>>
>>61332379
I just found it abit cringey , this was about 4 years ago so no.Also i dont see any discussing of the depth of his music in this thread just people saying its good

I havent heard his new album , worth checking out?
>>
>>61332506
wrong. underneath mac demarco's careless demeanor is a great musician and if you pay attention to his music it shines through, particularly his live acoustic stuff when its just him.

Not everybody has to be "so serious and gloomy" to devote themselves to something.

don't compare mac demarco and king krule they are different completely.
>>
>>61332950
mac demarco has said in interviews that he doesn't make serious music
and i know that making happy/feelgood/whatever music doesn't mean its not serious
also, mac sounds like shit when he's playing on his own
KK and mac demarco are indeed completely different
>>
>>61330116
what language is he singing in
>>
>>61333237
The language of love.
>>
>>61333162
mac sounds like shit when he's playing on his own
thats your opinion man, but its wrong.

>>61333237
0/10
>>
>>61333237
Chav. But poetic chav.
>>
>>61333359
doesn't sound like francais to me
>>
>>61330920
wew lad
>>
Damn, this guy gets a lot of love, even on /mu/.

Where do I start with him?
>>
>>61333765
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvZJI8rerWA
this is a good song to start with. just listen to the rest of the songs on 6 feet beneath the moon then, and explore his other stuff later
>>
There's a new album?

Damn, I didn't know...

When 6ft beneath dropped I listened to it constantly. Ocean Bed, Baby Blue and Out Getting Ribs are some of the most powerful songs I've ever heard.

His more energetic tracks like Lizard State were ok but I hope he went even melancholic in his new stuff desu. Did he?
>>
>>61333978
the new album isn't a king krule one, thats only coming out next year. i do think its melancholic af though
>>
>>61334013

oh that's good I didn't miss too much. It's been at least a year since I've listened to him and man he's even better than I remember!
>>
This thread is full of love:) i listened to 6feet and mac demarcos 2 around the same time in my life and they both strike deep feels
>>
I'm apparently the only poster on /mu/ who cannot stand that fucking flat yelping froggy voice.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1z2Ww5roHY

still the best thing he's done
>>
>>61334409
ok so stay away from here cause this is a sweet little thread
>>
>/mu/ actually likes this guy
Well I'll be damned if I'm not surprised in a positive way.
>>
>>61334481

Right you are. I'm deleting that post. Have a good night.
>>
>>61330116
Great artist. 6 Feet Beneath the Moon was terribly produced though. Trying turn him into Unknown Pleasures or something. His live performances are much better.
>>
>>61335702
You mean it was produced that way on purpose? Jesus Christ
>>
>>61330116
I worry he's gonna get the Atmosphere/Eminem effect of being way too pessimistic. Hopefully he'll switch things up in the next 30 years.
>>
File: 1451352378668.gif (1 MB, 268x274) Image search: [Google]
1451352378668.gif
1 MB, 268x274
>>61332272
>kids at my school even know who he is ;_:
>>
I remember reading an interview where he said his next King Krule album would feature distorted guitars. I cant wait to see how he works that into his style. Super excited for the next album. The one under Archy Marshall was great as well
>>
>>61336541
me too. that old collab with trash talk and wiki made me wish he got more involved with that kind of sound (not implying hes gonna use distorted guitars in the same style tho)
>>
bored to tears by his archy record. recently deleted it.

out getting ribs is the last thing i liked from him.
>>
hes the first ginger lad ive ever admired
>>
>>61336948
That's pretty cute
>>
>>61330116

Love him, he gets little mention on /mu/.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.