[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
melody and harmony are polite bourgeois niceties. Sound and timbre
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 91QDW2b+frL._SL1500_.jpg (704 KB, 1500x1499) Image search: [Google]
91QDW2b+frL._SL1500_.jpg
704 KB, 1500x1499
melody and harmony are polite bourgeois niceties. Sound and timbre alone give the instruments true voice.
>>
>>61319768
>timbre alone give the instruments true voice.
well yea, thats what timbre is
>>
>>61319803
Yeah but I think the concept is that to make music around cadences and over laid melodies is similar to reading the same days newspaper everyday for all of your life. That real music is the abandonment of these thought police practices.
>>
>>61319851
>thought police practices.
why the edgy teen in moms mini van speak? also you can make and listen to whatever you want
>>
>>61319946
>why the edgy teen in moms mini van speak

trying to get the debate going. music is more fun when people argue about it. apparently Ornette Coleman got beat up or something from his playing.

"everything is all equally good" yeah, bullshit, no-one believes that
>>
>>61319987
>"everything is all equally good"
said no one ever. i don't really think theres a debate here unless you want me to be childish about it. we've passed the point of "hurrr its not music" a long time ago.
>>
because what if the performance can't be repeated? That it isn't possible to annotate the noises.

Is it childish play like a baby randomly waving a rattle. Or the soul of the instrument?

I was reading the notes to Albert Ayler's album and it seems that this was the debate around free music. I don't know where I stand, it's fascinating but is it a waste of time?
>>
>>61320082
>"hurrr its not music"

thanks, there's the setup
>>
>>61320215
naw. listen and make whatever you want. i don't care what you call it or how good it is.
>>
it's not music, he's taking his guitar apart, it is fascinating though, crazee
>>
>>61320196
even with no intention at all you still have some time invested and a sonic result at the end so no, not a waste of time at all
if you are actually talking about time that is
>>
>>61319768
music = melody + lyrics

if it couldn't have been performed around a campfire 1000 years ago, then it can fuck right off.
>>
>>61320261
but to indulge in the practice of free music, is it to switch of the intellect and be an idiot? a waste of one's life?

I need to know.
>>
>>61320288
top pleb
>>
>>61320290
It's all a matter of what you put into it. You can be casual and intellectually lazy, or you can put literally every perception under careful scrutiny. Just like anything else, really.
>>
pic related is great
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.