[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/, what's your general opinion on Grimes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: grimes.jpg (201 KB, 650x430) Image search: [Google]
grimes.jpg
201 KB, 650x430
/mu/, what's your general opinion on Grimes?
>>
I'm new to her stuff (was introduced to her via the New Yorker) and dig her weird take on pop music.

Probably gonna pick up art angels eventually.
>>
>>61319420
I bet she's so caring in the bedroom.
>>
>>61319458
What does this post have to do with music?
>>
>>61319420
Stupid and retarded.
>>
>>61319420
I never figured out what she sings about and i'm too lazy to even check what she sings about.
10/10
I'm serious.
Music-related of course, else she looks and acts like white thrash.
>>
Guys, I've given Visions a listen or two, not all the way through, and it was just, idk, I don't dig the whole 'breathy, droning, monotone female vocals" thing. Art Angels was better, I think she sounds amazing on California. Does Visions get better, are there gems on it that I may have overlooked?

I'm just asking because I really dig that one song California, I wish she just stuck to pop like that, instead of that ethereal dream pop shit that is so stale by now.
>>
>>61319550
Do you like Vowels=Space and Time?
>>
>>61319460
Pop music is supposed to be seductive and erotic, it's part of its whole aesthetic.
>>
>>61319615
You're talking about a very specific part of pop music.
>>
>>61319612
no, what's dat? :3
>>
>>61319612
>>61319640
oh its a grimes song, i'll listen now
>>
Ugly and bad music.
>>
>>61319625

Still pop MUSIC
>>
>>61319625
Sex sells.
>>
listened to visions once

it was okay but completely unremarkable
>>
>>61319625
Grimes is a part of it.
>>
>>61319612
>>61319640
>>61319657
I listened, that was real good. Although I wish she'd still not use those breathy vox as much.
>>
>>61319482
She's definately a good artist. Some of her songs cover pretty morbid subjects, take Oblivion for example.

>>61319550
Art Angels is pretty good. From vision I would recommend Genasis, Oblivion and Eight. I've not really payed much attention to that album if I'm being honest.
>>
>>61319550
Forgot to mention in my last post: Circumambient and Vowels = Space and time are also pretty good songs from Visions.
>>
Art Angels hit me out of fucking nowhere. I was never really interested in her before but it's AOTYAY
>>
>>61319712
>>61319753
thanks m8 I'll peep :3
>>
>>61319460
What does Grimes?
>>
>>61320015
Good point.
>>
Qt
>>
File: moregrimes.jpg (87 KB, 650x400) Image search: [Google]
moregrimes.jpg
87 KB, 650x400
>>61320238
indeed.
>>
She hits me where I live, it's Das Unheimliche.
>>
>>61319550
>bandwagon fans be like
>>
>>61319455
her music sounds like j-pop

she has fucking admitted she just rips off anime songs
>>
I guess Art Angels did exactly what it was supposed to do. So many bandwagon fans are praising it and shitting on her past work, while her old fans feel it was simply okay.
>>
>>61319420
A sell out that cleverly covers up the fact that she's no different from top 40 artists by adding le quirky XD effects that appeals to the tumblr and anime crowd who also look down on top 40 crap
>>
>>61320389
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.