[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what point did he turn into a huge piece of shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 15
File: Wayne_Shot_1_9114A.jpg (379 KB, 1236x1600) Image search: [Google]
Wayne_Shot_1_9114A.jpg
379 KB, 1236x1600
At what point did he turn into a huge piece of shit?
>>
i guess right after the terror?
>>
Zaireeka
>>
>>61318409
How he is a piece of shit?
Did i miss something?
>>
oh yoshimi
>>
2012 when he started hanging out with ke$ha and Miley
>>
File: miley2f-1-web.jpg (78 KB, 970x965) Image search: [Google]
miley2f-1-web.jpg
78 KB, 970x965
DUDE IM OUT OF MONEY TIME TO LEECH OFF MILEY
notice how he swooped in around the time juicy j was hanging with her
tbqh seems like the nignogs treated her better then now.
atleast she didn't strip nude with juicy j
>>
He had no choice but to leave that hair lipped succubus to start hammering young and dumb twat.
>>
>>61318496
>DUDE IM OUT OF MONEY TIME TO LEECH OFF MILEY
>by helping her make a non-commercial album she released for free
OK Sure.

Also, he already has lots of money from his own band you dummy.
>>
>>61318532
sure man. he's loaded haha
>>
His divorce simultaneously gave him a great album and turned him into a cynical shell of his previous self
>>
I heard him and Steve are heroin dick sucking buddies now and they worship the devil too and Miley is a sex slave and a robot.
>>
His fucking duck face in all his photos PISS ME OFF
>>
File: 52828.jpg (54 KB, 480x445) Image search: [Google]
52828.jpg
54 KB, 480x445
>mfw you idiots just dont understand musicians because he just make music with a POP star
le ironic hatred face! -_-' xD

Maybe Miley have a great persona stop just hating for no fucking reason
go back to reddit/youtube or something
>>
>>61318594
Miley is a filthy bitch and you know it.
>>
>>61318594

poptimist get the fuck out
>>
>>61318615

I like her albums more than the Flaming Lips pop albums desu senpai
>>
kliph did nothing wrong and was right all along
>>
>>61318615
>>61318733
>le delete this! -_-' xD
u guys dont even have soul. Dismissing the work of people because your irrational hate.
>>
>>61318409
is that phil spector?
>>
>>61318755
Except for the part about being a shitty band member.
>>
he always seemed like one of those people who tries really hard to come across as positive and happy go lucky but is actually a passive agressive asshole
>>
>>61318762

yeah cause that sgt. pepper cover album was great ammirite
>>
>>61318781
My thoughts exactly
>>
>>61318781
>>61318834
Go to bed Ronald
>>
He's always been an inconsistent artist.
>>
He tries too hard to be some sort of freaky free soul hippy peppery grandpa cool dude with an edge and I'm pretty sure he smells not too great as well.
>>
>>61318409
More like at what point did everyone realize he's a piece of shit?
>>
>>61318861
>11 out of 13 albums great to fantastic
>inconsistent
OK kid
>>
>>61318409
>Buh, he did Soft Bullet In, he 'as tuh be a nice guy, y'know, like, hoah else could he do suh' sweet honest falsettos and sing son's 'bout his dad dyin', ohmuhgohd
>>
Everything after "Clouds Taste Metallic" isn't that great. "The Soft Bulletin" is okay too, but that was the beginning of the downfall.
>>
>>61318907
more like 2 decent ones, child
>>
>>61318932
Zaireeka was the first glimpse of their shit filled future.
>>
Wasn't he doing vacuum cleaner commercials at one point?
>>
>>61319017
He was in some virgin mobile commercisl with a bunch of illuminati symbolism in it.
>>
>>61319052
You are a dipshit
>>
>>61318409
hippie
>>
>>61318496
is that viper?
>>
File: Z0LtqbUS.jpg (203 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
Z0LtqbUS.jpg
203 KB, 1252x1252
I heard Steve isn't even really alive. Aka he dead.
>>
he got too full of himself after they got popular
>>
>>61318932
>>61318939
>>61318947
Wow the Pleb Brigade sure showed up fast
>>
File: image.jpg (542 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
542 KB, 560x560
>>61318568

You're not far off, actually.

Look at the obvious inverse garden of Eden implications in their albums artwork, very occultic, satanic, anti Christ.
>>
>>61322121
To further emphasize you have three figures all without heads but with zen third eyes. There's two dog figures mirroring eachother (again, inverse mirror dream is part of occultic thinking), and their ears are pricked up, they could be hounds from hell. the psychedelic rain, or LSD, coming from the god like being, appears to be setting a tree on fire, aluding to its destructive nature. The snake has a pair of lips (the snake, satan, is known as the greatest liar, the most deceiving, in the bible). The God figure seems to represent LSD or Lucifer, hence the demonic wings

Also, the three figures represent an anti trinity, made up of man, woman, and satan. The triangle is a symbol for God, again more occultic imagery
>>
>>61321597
DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
File: 1400326004971.jpg (23 KB, 446x362) Image search: [Google]
1400326004971.jpg
23 KB, 446x362
>>61318421
bingo

I saw them and tame impala on tour like a week before the drummer left

WHY MILEY?!?!?
>>
I don't go down with this sort of thing
>>
File: Inherent-Vice1.jpg (278 KB, 1050x613) Image search: [Google]
Inherent-Vice1.jpg
278 KB, 1050x613
>Chris isn't going down with it
>>
>>61322324
Dream logic*
>>
no way
>>
>>61322458
She went all groovy on us, man. Baby
>>
Wayne seems nice.
>>
>>61318594
>reddit
>hating miley cyrus

Reddit has become universally poptimist/hip-hopist since last year.
>>
Wayne gonna do what he gonna do. Don't let it bother you. Buncha bitches around here.
>>
>>61318409
Wouldn't it have been right after Embryonic? That was their last great album and was before most of their stupid collaborations and all the Miley stuff.
>>
>>61325047
>Don't let it bother you. Buncha bitches around here.
This. What's he supposed to do? Change the way he lives his life because of what his hipster fans might think?

"Yeah sorry Miley, I dig hanging out with you but my fans will think I'm just desperate for attention and trying to stay relevant despite the fact that our relationship is making your music weirder and doesn't really affect mine at all my fans will think I'm trying to be a pop star sellout."
>>
>>61318409
When he replaced Jon on Game Grumps
>>
>>61322398
I saw them slightly after that and Kevin Shields came out and played 'Heroes' with them, so their musical integrity lasted longer than Coyne did
>>
>>61322121
>>61322324
You're gonna need more tinfoil
>>
>>61318861

>implying he was the driving creative force of that band just because he's the singer.

Nice 14 year old's conception of how music works.
>>
>>61327916
Oh he wasn't the driving force of Transmissions from the Satellite Heart, Hit To Death in the Future Head, In A Priest Driven Ambulance, Hear It is, Telepathic Surgery and Oh my Gawd

Confirmed for not knowing anything about The Flaming Lips.
>>
>>61328078
>Implying the driving force on their most well received albums wasn't Steven and Ronald
>>
File: Sgt-Pepper.jpg (324 KB, 1600x1549) Image search: [Google]
Sgt-Pepper.jpg
324 KB, 1600x1549
>>61327168
where else heard of a man and a woman figure, nude, a deceptive snake, in a garden?? its not a conspiracy, its pretty blatant

even the original sgt pepper album cover has aster crowley, the infamous occultist. the beatles were acknowledging his influence on their thinking and music buy adding his face on the collage.

occultism/mysticism/spirituality was very hip back in the day, and neo psych bands are also interested in that stuff. look at unknown mortal orchestra. they have skulls and feature books by popular occultist experts in their music videos. or the rolling stones, mick jagger did the soundtrack to kenneth anger's invocation of my demon brother film (features an occult funeral for a dead cat, and various occult imagery), and segments of the rolling stones playing live were included in the film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kHNVGBGHRg
>>
>>61328214
>most well received
Not relevant.
>>
>>61328214
>well received
don't matter none.

clouds taste metallic (long time believe of this, don't call me a memer you fags), soft bulletin and embryonic are the greatest of respective eras. 2012-2013 was amazing for the flaming lips tho... ITCOCK cover album, gummy skull EP... damn
>>
>>61328276
>the beatles were acknowledging his influence on their thinking and music buy adding his face on the collage.
lol
>>
>>61328314
>Most people are quite aware of Aleister Crowley’s censored appearance on the cover of Sgt. Pepper among the Beatles’ other heroes. Few, though, have gone on to ask why Aleister Crowley made the cut. John Lennon made the connection clear in an interview with Playboy when he said that “The whole Beatle idea was to do what you want, right? To take your own responsibility.” Lennon was paraphrasing “Do what thou wilt,” which is one of the central precepts of Thelema, the religion founded by Aleister Crowley. Thelema is the Greek word which means “will” and teaches that we each must discover our individual inmost nature, described as the “True Will.”
>>
File: ZZZ004774-PP.jpg (61 KB, 288x480) Image search: [Google]
ZZZ004774-PP.jpg
61 KB, 288x480
>>61328287
>>61328294
Alright, I'll extend my argument then. Fridmann, Steven, Ronald, and Donahue have had more overall influence on the Flaming Lips sound for the greater part of their career than Wayne had. But Wayne, obviously, is still the face of the band.
>>
>>61328314
>>61328383
btfo
>>
>>61328383
Legitimate source, please.
>>61328519
From an occult blog? Not really.
>>
>>61328513
I think Wayne had a lot of influence on the direction of some of those late 80s records of theirs. Maybe not song-writing, but sound and style. Hit 2 Death wouldn't sound the same if you took Wayne away I'm sure.
>>
>>61328513
>Alright, I'll extend my argument then.
Nice backpedaling
>Fridmann, Steven, Ronald, and Donahue have had more overall influence on the Flaming Lips sound
Except that Wayne has always been the "idea man" and musical director of all of the albums; Wayne was essentially playing the aforementioned musicians as instruments themselves. Hence, Wayne has still had the most influence.
>>
>>61328576
>Hit 2 Death wouldn't sound the same if you took Wayne away I'm sure.
Both Nathan Roberts and Jonathon Donahue explicitly said that The Flaming Lips was Wayne's band. That's why Donahue left.
>>
I could see The Terror being Steven's thing, but I'd probably say The Soft Bulletin was like probably David = Wayne >(slightly) Stephen as far as contribution.

We can all agree, Michael Ivins had nothing to do with it.
>>
>>61328691
>The Soft Bulletin was like probably David = Wayne >(slightly) Stephen as far as contribution.
Wrong.
>We can all agree, Michael Ivins had nothing to do with it.
Also wrong.

Stop contributing to the conversation
>>
>>61328832
prove it bitch. ivins is just a high school math teacher who happens to be in the flaming lips
>>
File: ss+(2015-12-28+at+06.59.56).png (41 KB, 524x152) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-12-28+at+06.59.56).png
41 KB, 524x152
>>61328611
Most of the melodies and instrumentals that the flaming lips are known for were Steven's work.
>>61328576
Wayne and Michael definitely had a far bigger role in the Lips' earlier albums, Telepathic was certainly heavily influenced by Richard English's forceful production style though. Once Fridmann and Donahue stepped in, I would say it started to veer away from Wayne and Michael, but its not like they didn't matter either.
>>
File: Bruno+Mars++Playboy+1.png (372 KB, 500x347) Image search: [Google]
Bruno+Mars++Playboy+1.png
372 KB, 500x347
>>61328691

except steven wrote all of the music to soft bulletin, didnt you see their documentary?

i like your careful reasoning on reaching your conclusion by the way. the fact that "you could see" that steven had a lot of contribution to the terror was a tremendous insight.
>>
>>61328919
He began doing the sound engineering during the Soft bulletin sessions and onward.
>>61328930
>are known for
Not relevant
>Telepathic was certainly heavily influenced by Richard English's forceful production style though
Embarrassing post
>>
>>61329026
stfu dissecting posts like u can fix a nigga
>>
>>61329026
Alright I step back again. To address your original post: Yes, Wayne was the driving force on Hear It Is, Telepathic, and Oh My Gawd. But Steven. Ronald, Dave, and Johnathan, were the guys that took the Flaming Lips from their original sound to everywhere else. Their book, Staring at Sound, pretty heavily emphasizes this.

But now this comes down more to a different question in my mind: In a band like the Flaming Lips, which is more important, the lyricist/vocalist, or the guys that dictate the band's "sound"?

>Embarrassing Post
You're right about this, I got some stuff mixed up in my head with different bands. Please disregard what I said about that.
>>
when he put the dick in the pussy, o/c
>>
>>61329564
>Alright I step back again
More backpedaling?
>But Steven. Ronald, Dave, and Johnathan, were the guys that took the Flaming Lips from their original sound to everywhere else
As dictated by Wayne, the chief creative force behind the band.
>In a band like the Flaming Lips, which is more important, the lyricist/vocalist, or the guys that dictate the band's "sound"?
They are both Wayne, so I don't understand your question
>>
>>61330153
>More backpedaling?
I'm trying to narrow the argument back to what we were originally talking about.

I don't quite get where you are getting this dictated by Wayne thing. What evidence do you have to say that?

>They are both Wayne, so I don't understand your question
Lets say that we're not talking about the Flaming Lips in specific, but just about any band that has made a bunch of changes in sound over the years.
>>
>>61330444
>I'm trying to narrow the argument back to what we were originally talking about.
Yes, you were originally only focusing on the "most well received albums" which is horrendous cherry picking. Did you forget?
>I don't quite get where you are getting this dictated by Wayne thing. What evidence do you have to say that?
Interviews with the band. Haven't you researched it yourself? Or are you just skimming wikipedia at this point?
>Lets say that we're not talking about the Flaming Lips in specific, but just about any band that has made a bunch of changes in sound over the years
OK, like... Wilco? maybe Paul McCartney & Wings?
>>
>>61330678
I haven't read as many interviews as I would have liked, but I have read their book and I saw Fearless Freaks. (a long time ago though)
Wanye has always said that Ronald and Steven were far better players than he and Michael were. Steven and Ronald provided the Instrumentation, along with some of Michael's classic basslines, and usually Wayne provided lyrics and a unique voice. Not to mention his unique guitar playing style that really defined that era of Flaming Lips just like Johnathan did with their previous album. (songs like Frogs, Hit Me Like You Did The First Time, Gingerale Afternoon, etc)

How about Radiohead? Compare Johnny and Thom. What if we compared that to Wayne and Steven? Thom is the face of Radiohead in many ways, but I think plenty of people would argue that Johnny is the driving force behind the band.
>>
>>61331328
Whoops, poor placement of that sentence about the guitar playing. I was speaking about Ronald, not Wayne.
>>
>>61331328
>Wanye has always said that Ronald and Steven were far better players than he and Michael were
Not relevant
>Steven and Ronald provided the Instrumentation
Under Wayne's direction, to Wayne's songs and concepts.
>What if we compared that to Wayne and Steven? Thom is the face of Radiohead in many ways, but I think plenty of people would argue that Johnny is the driving force behind the band.
If Steven/Johnny left their bands, the band would still be Radiohead/Flaming Lips; in contrast if Thom/Wayne left their bands, they would most likely cease being Radiohead/Flaming Lips
>>
>>61331479
Alright can I see an interview or something else that talks about Wayne's dictation of the Flaming Lips' music?

Also what makes you say that the bands won't dissolve if Johnny or Steven left? They are both integral parts of each group that would cause some serious changes if they left. Hell, when Garry Young left Pavement there was a distinct change in their style, and he was just the band's drummer.
>>
>>61332017
>Alright can I see an interview or something else that talks about Wayne's dictation of the Flaming Lips' music?
Rewatch Fearless Freaks
>They are both integral parts of each group that would cause some serious changes if they left.
And that wouldn't be the case if Wayne or Thom left?
>>
File: Free Shrugs.jpg (56 KB, 449x642) Image search: [Google]
Free Shrugs.jpg
56 KB, 449x642
>>61332312
I mean I'm fairly certain that the band would break up if Wayne or Steven left, same with Thom and Johnny. Most bands would probably break up if their front-man left. I think an exception of that is Battles, but then again you could argue that Tyondai wasn't the front-man of Battles.
>>
>>61318932
>this much contrarianism
*tips fedora*
>>
>>61332904
I rest my case
>>
>>61318409
So what does Michael even do?

Just press "record" or what
>>
>>61334220
I don't think you understand sound engineering
>>
>>61334497
But like, does he even write songs or play bass on anything post-2007?
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.