[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MBDTF or Pinata? Which do you like more and why? Rate each.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: +.png (4 MB, 1998x998) Image search: [Google]
+.png
4 MB, 1998x998
MBDTF or Pinata?

Which do you like more and why?

Rate each.
>>
Probably MBDTF just for the sheer maximalist factor

Pinata kind of sags a little in the middle too

MBDTF 9/10
Pinata 8.5/10
>>
>>61315840
MBDTF.

Never got the hype around Pinata. The beats are just okay by Madlib standards, and I'm not too fond of Freddy's gangsta flow.
>>
yeezus>>>
>>
>>61315858
Which track specifically did you feel sagged?
>>
>>61315872
Forgot to rate

MBDTF: 9/10
Pinata: 7/10
>>
>>61315878
Bomb, Shitsville, Real, and Uno

Thuggin is great though
>>
>>61315872
Damn, I thought it had some of Madlib's best beats in a long time.

>>61315902
Bomb, Real, and Uno are three of my favorites, damn. Not a fan of Shitsville either though. I actually thought the Knicks thru Watts passage was weaker desu.
>>
>>61315924
I just feel they didn't compare to the strong start of the album

I liked all the features on the album in that last part though
>>
I've always though MBDTF was hella overrated

mbdtf: 6/10
pinata: 8/10

OP why these two albums though?
>>
>>61315902
Shitsville has the most banging beat and aggressive flows on the whole album, love it.

MBDTF is a fantastic record and takes you on a journey with various musical styles and influences, also has self-contained fantastic songs but works even better as a whole as it's such a cohesive and realised project.

Piñata has some cool beats and some nice rapping.

Piñata - 7/10
MBDTF - 10/10
>>
>>61317583
Probably the same ratings I'd give

MBDTF is pretty great but has some awful tracks like So Appalled, Blame Game, Runaway, and then Lost in the World is just ok as a closer.

Pinata is pretty enjoyable throughout, Knicks and a few of the skits are probably the only thing I would take out.
>>
Pinata is boring as fuck
>>
>>61317583
hello fanto
>>
>>61318128
I can understand that you don't like the others, but Runaway, awful ? Fuck off
>>
>>61318480
Runaway is terrible

>Let's have a toast for the douchebags,
>Let's have a toast for the assholes,
>Let's have a toast for the scumbags,
>Let's have a toast to the jerkoffs
>I sent this girl a picture of my dick.
>>
>>61318480
English is not my first language so I can make abstraction of the lyrics ... but I really don't think it's the main appeal with Kanye
>>
>>61318545 was for >>61318512
>>
MBDTF is more consistent and has a higher average quality
Piñata was great but it had a bit too many filler tracks for my liking
>>
Pinata does not deserve a comparison to MBDTF.
>>
MBDTF is pop music but Piñata is pretty boring as a whole, amazing production but the features are stale and Gibbs dissapoints with his song topics. Nigga making songs about chicken and fries kek. Still better than MBDTF tho.
>>
>>61319024
>Nigga making songs about chicken and fries kek.
hip hop listeners have no idea about what makes bad art

>>61315840
MBDTF 6/10
Pinata 8/10
>>
>>61318810
only correct answer
holy shit guys
>>
>>61318545
the lyrics are lazy and pointless
>>
>>61318480
poptimists get out
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.