[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/shugazi/ - Shoegaze (Dream Pop, Noise Pop, and Blackgaze) General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: Xeristar Linda Guilala.jpg (483 KB, 2362x2362) Image search: [Google]
Xeristar Linda Guilala.jpg
483 KB, 2362x2362
so last night i gained access to my girlfriend's house while her and her family are on vacation and I slept naked in her bed. then, i went to my actual house and slept all day with Hooverphonic's A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular on loop. now im listening to Sonic Jesus' Niether Virtue Nor Anger. The second disk just started. maybe one of the most shoegaze couple days I've had in a while.
>>
nice blogpost
>>
>>61312756
sorry
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
Why is eastern Europe the best place for nugaze?
>PSUB
>Pia Fraus
>DrĂ¥pe
>Kairon IRSE
>Imandra Lake
>>
>>61313704
because they never got past that time right after the Berlin Wall fell
>>
What's the album that has something sticking it's tongue out on the cover, similar to the art style of Jamie Hewlett, I think it came out last year?
>>
Gonna listen to the album you posted OP. The artwork gives me feels
>>
>>61314105
How does that artwork give you feels?
>>
File: a2304900365_10.jpg (652 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
a2304900365_10.jpg
652 KB, 1200x1200
>>61314075
?
>>
File: 1422748526845.png (817 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
1422748526845.png
817 KB, 650x650
Hey is there any non-shoegaze psychedelic dream pop you guys might know of? I don't think I've ever seen that posted here before.
>>
File: Cover.jpg (722 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
722 KB, 800x800
>>61312693
linda guilala is so dope i like the spanish lyrics its more romantic and it makes me feel bad for not speaking it more often. how good is just alright tho? can i get more tracks like it?
>>
>>61316513
Would you be able to translate the lyrics to English?
>>
Slow thread needs survey badly.

>favorite release from this year and why
>biggest letdown of the year and why
>dreamy or noisey
>favorite shoegaze vocalist
>penis size/vaginal diameter/area of mutilated eunuch hump
>>
>>61317634
>>favorite release from this year and why
Smiling Disease's Beach Bodies: 2008-2014. Cause it's like a mix of all the things that make /shugazi/ (dream pop, shoegaze, noise pop, neo-psych) without being completely any of those things.
>>biggest letdown of the year and why
Cloakroom's new shit. I listened to it like twice when it came out. What the fuck was up with those drum fills? It's excessive in all the worst ways.
>>dreamy or noisey
the best dreamy is better then the best noisy, the bad/mediocre noisy is better than the bad/mediocre dreamy.
>>favorite shoegaze vocalist
Anyone who has sung for Swirlies.
>>penis size/vaginal diameter/area of mutilated eunuch hump
5.5"
>>
>>61317634
No Joy or Pinkshinyultrablast. The former has such a great mix of doomy melancholic and cheerfully optimistic riffs, and Pinkshinyultrablast just sounds like magic to me.
APTBS- Transfixation. I still liked it, it just wasn't anything too impressive.
>dreamy or noisey
noisy as possible
>>favorite shoegaze vocalist
Irna Libowitz from EoST, Steve Hartlett from Ovlov, or J Mascis :^)
7.1"
>>
>>61314923
You could try So Tonight That I May See by Mazzy Star
>>
File: lMhl7Dca.jpg (321 KB, 1129x1129) Image search: [Google]
lMhl7Dca.jpg
321 KB, 1129x1129
What are some good bands you've never or rarely seen mentioned? Pic related
>>
>>61316513 >>61317221
Wow didn't know about these guys. They sound really cool. I ll go ahead and listen to the album now. Is there any concrete songs you want translated? Maybe the whole album is a bit of a stretch, but im bored today so who knows.
>>
>>61321245
We're talking about Linda Guilala, right?
>>
>>61321601
Yeah, at least i am.
>>
>>61317634

Teenage Pagans, because it was the only one I found that sounded different enough to warrant many spins. I haven't really made a strong effort to find new music from this year though to be fair.

Spectres - Dying was this year, right? That one, totally not noisy enough compared to the PR.

>dreamy or noisey

>>61318346 this answer is solid.

>favorite shoegaze vocalist

Ian Masters of Pale Saints and Erin Welton of Autumn's Grey Solace (Like seriously it should be a crime to sound this ethereal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLKnRmF-gDk)

6.1" on a good day, barely 2" when flaccid though which sucks when you're not aroused but still want flop it out like during dinner or whatever.
>>
>>61319810
I'll check it out.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.