[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how does it feel to know that even Robert Christgau thinks this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: crazytownstkr1[1].jpg (456 KB, 1290x1292) Image search: [Google]
crazytownstkr1[1].jpg
456 KB, 1290x1292
how does it feel to know that even Robert Christgau thinks this album is "an irredeemable crock of shit" and "a goddamn fucking disgrace to the very existence of recorded audio media"?
>>
typical contrarian christgau
>>
red hot chili niggas are shit too
>>
>>61310869
>Christgau
probably the worst /mu/ memed reviewer
he's the contrarian archetype and nothing more
>>
This is actually a great party album that blends witty lyricism with cutting edge rock beats
>>
>>61310968
>cutting edge rock beats
>rock beats
>beats

>costanza.webm
>>
>>61310968
>Ladies "cum," ladies go out my revolving door
>Some ladies never come back, most "cum" back fo' mo'

How did we miss their genius at the time?
>>
>>61311013
>>61311025
ahhh to be young and easily b8d
>>
>>61311075
I'm aware of the meme-ing I have now walked into
>>
>>61311025

i can slam a revolving door
>>
>>61310869
i suddenly remember that he gave A- to all of Nicki Minaj's albums
>>
>>61310869
There's a swastika on this album cover.
>>
File: chboi.jpg (60 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
chboi.jpg
60 KB, 600x900
>>61310869
>you my butterfly. sugar. baby.

absolutely incredible capstone to the 90s.
>>
File: cec2.jpg (66 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
cec2.jpg
66 KB, 960x960
butterfly is strong af

A group of unremarkable nu-metalers struck gold with a genius sample, infusing it with the genre's expectedly awful hip-hop lyrics, but unexpectedly presenting the beat with such discipline and maturity as to make one wonder whether Crazy Town actually possess an immense amount of talent, creating this song as an ironic display of their songwriting ability, hidden away in favor of crowd-pleasing trends, or is simply an example of pure one in a million dumb luck by mediocre musicians. Regardless, "Butterfly" is a transcendental experience that isn't so easily discerned as likable or unlikable, being bafflingly polarized between the amateur lyrics and masterful vision, somehow straddling the lines between tasteful and tasteless, adept and crude, while being both and neither at the same time, it is a stunning and anomalous masterpiece that is one of the greatest songs of the 2000s.
>>
would you say these guys are dope ass avant garde new metal, or just nu-metal?
>>
>>61310869
fine. album is shit
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.