[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT Bands/Artists that sound terrible live
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: Mastodon-Live-Photo.jpg (89 KB, 600x294) Image search: [Google]
Mastodon-Live-Photo.jpg
89 KB, 600x294
ITT Bands/Artists that sound terrible live
>>
>>61309265
Your favorite band
>>
>>61309265
all hip hop
>>
Dragonforce.

/thread
>>
Nirvana

Kurt and Krist didn't even show up and Dave play buttrock with a band for two hours
>>
New Opeth
>>
>>61309265
I saw Mastodon way back when they were touring with Dethklok. I thought they sounded great.

But, you know. Rose-tinted glasses.
>>
Marilyn Manson is the worst thing I have ever seen, now that someone brought him up.

>when I say fuck Jesus, I make it personal baby
>>
>>61309265
My favorite live show was Mastodon playing Crack The Skye in full. Brent Hinds can barely sing live, but somehow it doesn't even sound bad
>>
>>61309265
The Cranberries
>>
I've heard very mixed reviews about Mastodon.
>>
Pixies.

The only time I've ever walked out of a gig. So fucking boring and sounded awful.

>>61312275
Dragonforce sound terrible in the studio though.
>>
>>61309265
your band
>>
File: angier john.png (445 KB, 596x533) Image search: [Google]
angier john.png
445 KB, 596x533
>>61313715
MY BAND??????
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 480x280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 480x280
Good records, god awful live performance

>>61313632
When did you see them though
>>
>>61313632

dragonforce is better than your shit obscure power metal no one cares about
>>
>>61313632
Dragonforce sound terrible both live and in the studio
>>
>>61313758
That's the thing see, power metal sucks.
>>
>>61309265
Still not amazing, but they have gotten better since releasing Once More Round The Sun.
>>
>>61313758
>Dragonforce is better than Angra and Symphony X

Absolutely fucking not. They are one of the biggest jokes in a genre full of jokes.
>>
Most disappointed I've ever been was seeing Judas Priest when Nostradamus first came out.
There was no opening act and they played for 30 minutes.
>>
>>61313749
I enjoyed Iceage live, they had lots of energy. Singer seemed like a massive cunt though.

I saw Pixies 2 years ago at T in the Park. A festival doesn't really seem like the type of place for their music, so that probably didn't help, but they were just so boring.

>>61313758
I don't listen to power metal, pal.
>>
>>61313827
Oh that makes sense; I know people who saw them on tour for Surfer Rosa and they were all blown away.

And with Iceage, they just seemed really sloppy to me for how tight their records are. Lots of energy for sure though.
>>
>>61312382
When I saw Manson I thought it was more comical than anything. It was cheesy as hell, and I enjoyed it.
>>
>>61312480
Holy shit, this to the nth degree.
>>
>>61312302
Kek
>>
>>61312275
I heard Dragonforce has gotten better in recent years since they got their new singer and stopped drinking before playing live
>>
Now The Strokes are shit in the shows. sad...
>>
>>61313744
Fuck off John. I can't even hear you play.
>>
>>61312275

Seen Dragonforce twice, both times they were utterly fantastic live. They sounded very tight and there was no drunken retarded noodling or technical fuck ups at all. I got in to the after-party with Dragonforce and Sonata Artica in 2007 and other than ZP and their drummer, Dragonforce were all really cool guys, as were Sonata Artica. I found Herman Li at the back of the bar and drank a 6 pack with him while discussing martial arts and him just getting into Brazilian Jujitsu. He was a chill guy, it was easy to just shoot the shit with him.

No idea where this meme came from, maybe a shit quality youtube video?
>>
>>61313796

>one of the biggest jokes in a genre full of jokes

so in other words they're good at it?
>>
Fear Factory (in the last 5-6 years or so)
Rob Zombie
>>
I've only ever walked out of a Megadeth and a Marduk show. Megadeth was playing some fucking cricket field and sounded so bad I couldn't stay a second longer. Marduk with some shit new members this year on tour in Australia, the vocalist is so cringy live I left angry.
>>
>>61315203

mister angry left in a huff
>>
Animal Collective and Death Grips suck live.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.