[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was rave before edm?What music was played
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: rave-babie-blue-lights.jpg (198 KB, 1592x1141) Image search: [Google]
rave-babie-blue-lights.jpg
198 KB, 1592x1141
What was rave before edm?What music was played
>>
>>61305740
Stuff like Orbital.
>>
Uh you mean like acid house and hardcore?
>>
It depends on the venue, when I think early rave I think stuff like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO4-htxz8j8
>>
i meant like the 90s and the early 2000
>>
http://techno.org/electronic-music-guide/

Yeah it has it's flaws I know but this guide is alright
>>
File: 1388679222650.gif (2 MB, 384x216) Image search: [Google]
1388679222650.gif
2 MB, 384x216
>>61305740

>What was rave before edm?

>i meant like the 90s and the early 2000
>>
>>61305814
It was acid house and stuff like that. There is a shit load of it out there but most people say that it hasn't aged well and I tend to agree. Listening back it's hard to believe that was rave music because it was so light and subtle.
But I guess you could argue that modern rave music is too easily accessible and predictable.
>>
>>61305814
What about the 80s lol
>>
OP I bet you didn't know that dubstep was invented over a decade ago
>>
>>61305890
>But I guess you could argue that modern rave music is too easily accessible and predictable.
At rist of pissing off /bleep/ visitors, I actually like this aspect of it, as long as it's not run of the mill crap.
>>
i dont know much about anything thats why im asking these questions
>>
>>61305999
Literally go read Wikipedia you mong
>>
>>61305996
Yea me too but at the same time it's kind of warped the way I listen to that type of music.
I go to a lot of raves with my work and really have a fun time but it's so hard to get into and follow that music outside.

There's also not that much of a reason too because you know you're gonna hear the biggest songs at least three times a night at a rave and same goes for rap as well. That's why i know the lyrics to all top 40 rap songs and never listen to the radio.
>>
>>61305996
I agree, if I'm at a rave I'm probably high or extremely drunk so I'm not really looking for anything subtle
>>
you mean like Daft Punk?
>>
Raves were back when Paul van Dyk, Armin and Tiesto actually played Trance instead of trash EDM.
>>
Back when they first started Raves played stuff like hard style and psytrance
>>
>>61305857
some of the shit in there is pretty funny
>>
>>61305740
What is google and wikipedia...
>>
Disco.
>>
>>61306233

It's kinda biased and dated but still a nice way to get an overlook of electronic music history
>>
File: ss+(2015-12-27+at+03.53.00).png (29 KB, 543x399) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-12-27+at+03.53.00).png
29 KB, 543x399
>>61306295
Yeah it gets the ball rolling
>>
what did they play in raves in the 50s
>>
>>61306353

Ishkur is pretty funny I'll give him that
>>
File: nickyoung.png (102 KB, 300x256) Image search: [Google]
nickyoung.png
102 KB, 300x256
>>61305857
>Renegade Soundwave - Thunder in Funky Breaks
>soundclip is actually The Chemical Brothers - Morning Lemon
>>
>>61305740
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-D5jGMuBtI
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.