[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So we all can agree that Zombie is the most popular shoegaze
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: zombies.jpg (41 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
zombies.jpg
41 KB, 640x480
So we all can agree that Zombie is the most popular shoegaze song but why normies love it so much?
>>
>>61302489
>shoegaze
wat?
>>
>>61302489
Ridiculous thoughts is better, tho. And promises

I love Zombie, but it's not their best material.
I thought that Ode to my family was the song normies picked
>>
>>61302520
Actually grungegaze.
>>
>>61302489
Because they're fucking plebs that really don't even deserve the sunlight if it were punching them.
>>
>>61302489
because its a good song
>>
>>61302533
Nah they usually go for zombie because its "omg like totally metal song tho :P"
>>
>>61302520
more like shoegazepop
>>
>>61302625
First time I heard, but can't say I can't picture that image
>>
>>61302489
Same reason normies love any song: it's catchy.
>>
>>61302935
but only shallow its catchy 2
>>
chumbawumba is shoegaze
>>
>>61302489
idk my dad went on a rant about the girl writing this shit while being on cancer or something
and how it's a wonderful song about human achievement
some shit like that. never checked if my dad was right
>>
>>61303032
You probably already guessed but your dad is full of shit
>>
>>61302988
This. Not every record that's catchy is popular.
Just look at TPAB.
>>
How is it even remotely shoegaze?
>>
>>61302489
The cranberries are p good.
But that song is not shoegaze
>>
>>61302489
I kind of wonder why Vapour Trail didn't become huge. Normies seem to like it when they hear it.
>>
>>61303032
If I had to guess based off the video and the lyrics it's about what was happening in Ireland with the IRA and Britain goin' at it
>>
Sometimes slightly off-kilter songs make it big due to time or whatever. It's not really a 'weird' song but the vocals give it something distinctive for people to go 'OMG IT'S SO WEIRD... YET KINDA CATCHY LOL'

it's more grungey than shoegaze, but either way, that was all popular in the 90s so package that with le kooky lady and le music video (this was back when videos mattered remember) and you've got yourselves a hit I guess

as for the song, it's alright
>>
>>61302489
Yeah. Sure. I like SPC ECO a lot.

Zombie
https://youtu.be/Me0glke6qoA
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.