[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who was the better rapper?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 2pac-biggie-memorial.jpg (29 KB, 671x462) Image search: [Google]
2pac-biggie-memorial.jpg
29 KB, 671x462
Who was the better rapper?
>>
Big
>>
Pac
>>
File: 4L_CDKkK9wd.jpg (123 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
4L_CDKkK9wd.jpg
123 KB, 620x400
>inb4 racism
Obviously Biggie is better,he was the better actual rapper with his flow,lyricism,and ligit LARGE personality,2Pac was just "ay look hood with a heart of gold"
>>
Big had a trillion times better flow, possibly the GOAT
>>
big had better flow, better wordplay, arguably better beats
pac had better lyrics
big is gr8 for a good time, pac is gr8 if you like wearing glasses, headphones, and putting your feet up on the bus
>>
>>61291650
>2Pac was just "ay look hood with a heart of gold"
You're clueless, 2Pac is the rapper with the largest personality there has ever been, that's inarguable

>>61291658
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi6TnG2SpvM
Pac kills Biggie, specially considering Biggie's verse wasn't off the top

>>61291663
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9KWYwczHEw
Show me a Biggie track with a better flow
>>
>>61291739
>You're clueless, 2Pac is the rapper with the largest personality there has ever been, that's inarguable
that's true, can't deny

but as far as flow goes, look at a song like Sky's the Limit
to me that song is the epitome of flow, i.e. using cadence to best accentuate the beat, always punctuating the words with the music
the thing about Pac's flow that bothers me is that it stresses the wrong words, it sounds to abrupt to me, which contrasts with the music
take I Aint Mad At Cha for example - the beat is too laid back for 2Pac's delivery, and it sounds a bit forced as a whole
if you were to put Big on the same beat it would sound better
it's a question of whether or not you're listening to the music for the musicality of it or the poetry of the lyrics - Big wins musically, but Pac wins lyrically by a long shot

this is all just my opinion tho, both are too good at what they do for there to be a clear cut winner between the two
>>
>>61291650
>big is kill
>twin towers is kill
pottery
>>
>>61291739
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfxvgi0i1nc
>>
3 of the greatest rappers of all time died, B.I.G, TuPac, and Ez-E, and who do we get stuck with? lil wayne and Kanyr west, if only god could give them back to us and take the people who are destroying rap XD R.I.P
>>
>>61291880
>for the musicality of it or the poetry of the lyrics - Big wins musically, but Pac wins lyrically by a long shot
I've never in my life cared what lyrics said, and still I've always enjoyed 2Pac's music and rapping better than Biggie's. Now, I love both and consider them top 3.

And even when you say that 2Pac is the clear winner as far as lyrics, I disagree. I'd say they're close.

>the thing about Pac's flow that bothers me is that it stresses the wrong words, it sounds to abrupt to me, which contrasts with the music
That's his style and millions of people love it, it changed Rap forever. I think I prefer it than Biggie's flow, even though they're both great.

What really ticks me off is people these days trying to be edgy by putting Pac down, specially white kids. You know, it's a Rap equivalent of edgy fedora atheists trying to put Jesus down, even if you're a non-believer.
>>
>>61291949
For some reason, I knew you were gonna post that one

He's great in that song, specially lyrically, but it's admitted that he was emulating Bone style there
>>
>>61292016
Biggies versatility was part of the reason why he's considered so great, i like pac too but the dude only really had 2 flows.
>>
Big had better flow and phrasing, Pac had better lyrics and more matured song writing. They're both great, but for different reasons. I would liken it to a comparison between Akira Kurosawa and Yasujiru Ozu. Ozu had more simplistic, naturalistic and beautiful cinematography like Biggy had flow but Kurosawa's editing and cinematography had more visual punch and was more exciting.
>>
kendrick shits on all these niggas
>>
>>61291997
Pac had his signature flow
>>61293439
>>61291880
>Pac had better lyrics and more matured song writing
I'm not sure about that. Biggie was always better at conveying his ideas, albiet in a simple and to the point manner. Pac was more thoughtful and looked outward onto his surroundings more, but big was much better at introspection and personal story telling.

Also biggie has the best album of the two. Nothing Pac came out with could ever touch ready to die
>>
>>61291468
Twopack Shaker
>>
>>61291949
love this song
>>
>>61291468

who was the niggerest?
>>
>>61293481
this is the most wigger post I think I've ever seen.
>>
>>61295220
He's right though
>>61293439
I wouldn't really say that Pac had more mature song writing, Big's was by no means childish
For me Biggie takes the cake in that department simply for making a song about suicide, let alone it being as good as it is
>>
>>61295285
>He's right though
One can only hope it's bait
>>
>>61295285
>For me Biggie takes the cake in that department simply for making a song about suicide
Holy shit, you can't get any edgier right now
>>
>>61295313
Listen
I'm not saying that suicide is usually not an edgy subject
But in the rap genre, shit like that was almost never talked about
The fact that he was willing to talk about an introspective subject was pretty fucking amazing when he was making music in a genre where it almost never happened

Also, if you don't think Suicidal Thoughts is great why the fuck are you here?
>>
>>61295439
>he's better because he talked about killing himself
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.