[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Ringo was so humble he never did a drum solo until Abbey
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7
File: A5DC8C4E3.jpg (52 KB, 500x406) Image search: [Google]
A5DC8C4E3.jpg
52 KB, 500x406
>Ringo was so humble he never did a drum solo until Abbey Road because he didn't want to take away the attention from the rest of the band
So why isn't he the best Beatle again?
>>
File: Paul McCartney.jpg (48 KB, 404x480) Image search: [Google]
Paul McCartney.jpg
48 KB, 404x480
>>61290521
>>
>>61290521
he never did a drum solo until Abbey Road because he sucks and he knows that
>>
>>61290521
Because John made the best Beatles songs. It's that simple.
>>
>>61290607
Paul is the best Beatle lmao, john could barely play in time.
>>
>>61290617
>technique is important
who currrrrrs
>>
Paul recorded a lot of The Beatles' drum tracks
>>
File: 4662752069_dc0e04ec65_b.jpg (510 KB, 1020x1024) Image search: [Google]
4662752069_dc0e04ec65_b.jpg
510 KB, 1020x1024
he is the best one just because of this
>>
>>61290641
>who cares about technique
Without technique, music sounds like shit. Would you rather listen to an album where the guitarist plays off-time and messes the whole song up, or a normal song?
>>
He did not do drum solos because he didn't like to, not because he wanted his bandmates to stand out
>>
>>61290719

Exactly. Plus they tricked him into recording the one drum solo he did do.
>>
>>61290688
I think you haven't listened to Trout Mask Replica yet
>>
>>61290688
>normal song
gtfo of /mu/
>>
If its about music paul was the best one. If you talk about the person Ringo was the chillest.
>>
>>61290750
This

Musical talent:
Paul > John > George > Ringo

Personality:
Ringo > George > John > Paul
>>
>>61290802
music talent
paul
george
john
ringo

personality
george
john
ringo
yoko
paul
>>
>>61290521
>made the fewest errors in studio compared to the other beatles
>never cared about flash
>didn't write alot of songs aware that he was the weakest songwriter
>inspired good-old simplicity in rock drumming
>always smiled in photos
>doesn't collaborate with shitty pop stars to stay relevant
>narrated thomas the tank engine
How can one man be so based?
>>
>>61290886
>yoko better than Paul in personality

KEKUS MAXIMUS
>>
>>61290688
>where the guitarist plays off-time and messes the whole song up
Does this happen in any Beatles song? No? Then who gives a fuck?
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 700x525
>Ringo Starr played drums the way any kid of that time played it in his garage (even though he may ultimately be the only one of the four who had a bit of technical competence).

– Piero "I like 'em small and tan" Scaruffi
>>
>>61290802
>>61290886
>John better than Paul in personality

what
>>
He didn't even really play a solo on The End. What happened was John, Paul, and George all pleaded with Ringo to do a short drum solo but he always refused, saying it wasn't his style. So what they did instead was convince him to record a rough jam session for The End with the rest of the band. Then John, Paul, and George went to the editing room with Martin and Emerick, cut out the guitars and bass, and edited and spliced parts of Ringo's drum track to create a sort of makeshift drum solo, which is what you hear on Abbey Road. Basically they couldn't convince Ringo to play a drum solo, so they tricked him into playing one instead.

>>61290688
Considering the fact that John Lennon plays great on every album, I don't really see where this is a problem.
>>
>>61290973
damn...
>>
>>61290999
Paul was an asshole, but an outstanding songwriter
>>
BECAUSE HE AIN'T THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>>
>>61290973
why are we taking him seriously again
>>
>>61290999
depends what where talking about i would just rather have dinner with john than paul
>>
>>61290999
nice trips
>>
>>61290734
what the fuck?
>>
>>61290886
Holy shit I lost my sides when I saw yoko in there. To be fair, John was too much of a granola for my taste and he became majorly pussy whipped by that ugly art pop skank, for that he belongs below paul. Also paul married a chick with one leg and she took most of his shit in a divorce, if that doesn't get him some personality points I don't know what does.
>>
>>61291033
yeah but John was an even bigger asshole
>>
>>61290919
>narrated thomas the tank engine
holy shit you're right.
>>
>>61290919
He also said his most distinct memory of the Sgt. Pepper sessions was that that was when he learned how to play chess.
>>
>>61290919
>made god-tier vaudeville / country novelty songs

missed one
>>
>>61291211
Paul & John wrote for him
Octopus' Garden is really good tho
>>
How many of you shit posters, and true Ringo fans actually know that he's really left handed?
>>
>>61292378
Yep. Played right handed though.
>>
>>61292378
I'm Ringo and I didn't know I was left handed
>>
>>61292409
I could never understand that, though.
>>
>>61290682

damn he turned out hot
>>
>>61292426
If everyone around you is right handed and your teachers/influences/what have you play that way, it's a lot easier to learn that way.
>>
Ringo was my favorite when I was like 7...
>>
You are seeing it the wrong way anon. He was so arrogant he thought he would take away the attention from the rest of the band.
>>
Didn't he slap the shit out of his wife during the filming of a TV interview with Paul and John and start screaming that he was the prince of all the drums in 1967 and that no one else could play them as long as he was alive?
>>
>>61290521
rain and she said she said are almost drum solos going on underneath most of the time. also apparently paul did the dear prudence drums and those breakdown fills are out of this world
>>
File: azhhafq.jpg (60 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
azhhafq.jpg
60 KB, 600x600
>>61290999
John may have been a wife-beater but he was a pretty funny guy. Paul is as boring as hell and arrogant in a concealed way, not to mention that his lyrics are camp as fuck.
>>
Do you like forcing shitty fucking memes like a degenerate faggot with nothing to do?

You do? Good. The first step towards being a better person is acknowledging you're a piece of shit.

Your "Beatles XD" meme has never been funny. Never will. Nobody scrolls down the catalog, sees your post and laughs. They fucking ignore it. Why? Because you're a pathetic little 9gag crossposting memester with nothing better to do besides force shitty memes on an anonymous imageboard. Get a life. Go outside. Stop making fucking threads about a fucking buttrock band being death metal. We're sick of this. I'm sick of this." meme has never been funny. Never will. Nobody scrolls down the catalog, sees your post and laughs. They fucking ignore it. Why? Because you're a pathetic little 9gag crossposting memester with nothing better to do besides force shitty memes on an anonymous imageboard. Get a life. Go outside. Stop making fucking threads about a fucking buttrock band being death metal. We're sick of this. I'm sick of this.

But you know what? No. I won't stop there. Have you ever sat down and thought, "I could be productive?" Have you? If you haven't then here's a newsflash. In that time it took to create this thread you could have called that one girl that looks at you longingly and request a date. But no, you post a fucking "Beatles" thread. Ever stop to think about what you could be doing if you didn't waste your life away in your parents' basement posting memes?

You could be an astronaut. You could be the CEO of a profitable company. You could be rich. Or, instead, you chose to post memes.

That said, It's cover does kinda look like ugly donkey. Fuck off, meme poser
>>
>>61290682
/thread
>>
>>61290688
>Would you rather listen to an album where the guitarist plays off-time and messes the whole song up, or a normal song?
>>
>>61290521
He never did a drum solo till Abbey Road because Lennon would beat him if he ever tried to step out of his shadow.
>>
>>61290719
he didn't need to solo anyway his grooves were gravy, i cannot think of any other drummer who can lay claim to so many iconic drumming moments.

there are a great deal of beatle tracks where you can tell what song it is with only the drum track. ringo haters should just get into a different interest than music because its clearly not for them.
>>
>>61290919
>>always smiled in photos
>>doesn't collaborate with shitty pop stars to stay relevant
>>narrated thomas the tank engine
Nice.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.