[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup, /moo/ I wanna learn to play the guitar, where do I start?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: man n his gitter.png (188 KB, 768x270) Image search: [Google]
man n his gitter.png
188 KB, 768x270
Sup, /moo/
I wanna learn to play the guitar, where do I start? What kind should I get?

Help pls
>>
Google guitar brands and find one that best suits the music you're trying to play (acoustic, electric, etc.) Play along to your favorite songs or find a teacher in your area. It's not rocket science. Stop procrastinating.
>>
>>61290560
You're a fag, you know that? Fuck you buddy.
>>
>>61290602
what the fuck did he do?
>>
>>61290602
How is he a fag? You're the fucking faggot, fag.
>>
>>61290602
yea seriously, he just taught you how to get into the hobby, man

it's not rocket science, stop procrastinating

get off 4chan and google something
>>
>>61290476
memorize scales you think sound nice, use them as finger exercises to improve your finger speed and to expand your knowledge of how to move around the neck of the guitar. Play each note in your selected scale along with a metronome and build on your finger speed by increasing the tempo. Be patient. I never learnt to play anyone elses music (dont know if thats good or bad, cuz i really like what i play). been playing for 6 years . create your own compositions!
>>
Start with some basic acoustic and pick up a beginners guitar book from a music shop or Amazon. Eventually you'll get a feeling for what songs you can play on your own. Guitar is incredibly easy to learn
>>
>>61290671
Any brand recommendations for acoustic ones?
>>
>>61290671
http://www.guitarmaps.com/guitar-maps.html
heres a useful resource for scale maps on the guitar
>>
>>61290699
you dont need a nice guitar, look up reviews of whats good out there. I own a yamaha electro acoustic i bought in laos cuz its the only one they had and i was living there at the time. Any guitar is good but if you want an acoustic i recommend an electro acoustic or semi hollow body cuz they are more versatile in terms of recording in the future
>>
>>61290612
>>61290621
>>61290654
You're all part of the problem. Feel free to fuck off anytime.
>>
Learn the G, D and C9 chord for starters
Now play then G C9 D on repeat and you learned half of good riddance by green day
>>
seriously recommend those scale maps man, give a much better idea on improvization. I noticed a tremendous amount of improvement once i started learning them
>>
>>61290828
Don't do this - learning scale maps and modes is for literal retards. Just learn how to read music like a proper man and you won't need any of that extraneous bullshit
>>
>>61290560
Coming from the retarded cocksucker who made this thread without even looking to see if we had a general. Upset I didn't babysit you? I'm going to get back to playing, good luck you helpless faggot
>>
>>61290749
You're the problem. Do you think you're the first person who ever wanted to play? All your questions have been answered a million times over and is but a google search away. If you had any real inclination to play you would be searching instead of here. Get the fuck off /mu/ already
>>
>>61290868
Reading music is useless for guitar unless you're a master level classical player or someone who wants to feel like his theory knowledge isn't useless

I wonder which you are
>>
>>61290932
Meant to quote the faggot op
>>61290749
>>
File: fedora.jpg (38 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
38 KB, 1280x720
>>61291013
>>61290932
>Wah wah this is my board

Pic related, it's both of you.
>>
>>61291170
Nice projecting. You're probably a virgin, lol. Have fun being a talentless faggot the rest of your life.
>>
if this is how you folks make art it's fuckin deppressing
>>
>>61291482
okay sean
>>
>>61291482
AJJ is shit
>>
>>61291268
>Y-yeah, I have sex (surrendered to the vaginal jew)
>Sure g-got him

Stay NEET lol
>>
>>61291552
Stay a virgin lol
>>
>>61291540
>>61291541
haha the joke is on the other foot, for i am going to stop posting but you will still be here, day after day in your bitterness. fairwell friends
>>
>>61291025
>Knowing stuff and learning is bad

-some anon from 4chan
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.