[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: HUGE red flags in music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: 1415782414472.png (355 KB, 1108x943) Image search: [Google]
1415782414472.png
355 KB, 1108x943
>Artist wasn't on the influence of amphetamines or ANY drugs while writing music
>Artist doesn't think they're on a creative mission from God while writing music
>Artist isn't at the studio 24/7 working, polishing, improving on their music until they are on the brink of a full-on mental collapse

Literally why bother with their music?
>>
Every bait thread deserves at least one pity reply :-)
>>
>not under ANY drugs

this board is 18+
>>
>>61289165
>pity reply
ya didn't fucking reply ya dip and this isn't a b8 thread I live this life
>>
>>61289186
>I live this life
well that's too bad
>>
>>61289178
and your mum's vag cage is all ages if you caught my breeze amigo :*)
>>
>>61289165
there's a difference between a bait thread and a joke thread
this one is clearly the later

only an autist would think that OP is being serious
>>
>lounge music
>>
>no lyrics
>computer-generated/synthesized sounds
lol wtf thats not music
>>
>>61289186
>>61289231
just stop brohan this is embarrassing
>>
>>61289235
but this is true senpai
>>
>>61289333
don't call my fucking lifestyle ""embarrassing"" just cause evolutionary deadends like you can't handle it

fuck off and delete this post and I might forget about it
>>
really though, pretty much all the music I listen to fits at least one of these criteria
>>
>>61289366
embarrassing
>>
>>61289396
shut up shut up shut up

don't post in my thread anymore and leave me the HECK alone
>>
>>61289057
hey beni
>>
>>61289057

Everyone ITT is going to think you're trolling, but that's because they don't understand hyperbole, but I do think that the best music is made by deranged obsessives who believe what they are doing is the most important thing that could be done. Almost all of these people are taking some kind of drugs. There are obvious exceptions to the drug thing, and many many exceptions to the idea that their mission comes from God, but I don't know how many exceptions to the idea that they are making music for a higher purpose.

I think it's worth thinking about at least.
>>
In on subtle grimes hate thread.
>>
>>61289407
E M B A R R A S S I N G
>>
>>61289422
didn't read lol
>>
>>61289422

Also substitute "in the studio" for "working", because obviously touring and writing at home and anything else that constitutes working on your music is also valuable.
>>
>>61289429
I'm gonna leave for the gym and pump some iron with the guys for a couple of hours when I comeback you better not be posting in this thread ya fuckin' jabroni
>>
>>61289443

That's quite an accomplishment
>>
>>61289469
I'm not afraid of you FAG
>>
>>61289428
Grimes doesn't do drugs? Really seems like she does.
>>
>>61289533
she makes drugs
>>
>music is about politics
>music is about being a musician
>music is about being in love
*snore*
>>
>>61289978
>music is about politics
THIS EXTENDED TO ALL FORMS OF ENTERTAINMENT
Nothing kills my enthusiasm about a work quicker than learning it's agenda-driven. I don't even like stuff that supports my views.
>>
>>61289533
She stopped doing those hardcore ones. Then she went totally pop.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.