[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /Deerhunter/ here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7
File: BradfordCox.jpg (95 KB, 785x487) Image search: [Google]
BradfordCox.jpg
95 KB, 785x487
Rank em:
>Halycon Digest > Microcastle > Cryptograms > Weird Era Cont. > Fading Frontier > Turn it Up Faggot > Monomania.
Halycon Digest is the best indie rock album of the decade though
>>
>>61288333
Holy shit that's one ugly human being
>>
>>61288333
Microcastle/Weird Era Cont.>Cryptograms>Halcyon Digest>Monomania>Fading Frontier>Turn It Up Faggot

They're all pretty good though
>>
>>61288333
new album was so bad ugh fuck fml deerhunter is dead
>>
File: picture-3.png (967 KB, 739x739) Image search: [Google]
picture-3.png
967 KB, 739x739
>>61288333
This should get the thread going
>https://mega.nz/#!0UICWYqa!HOb-bDH5Q8D164JI6U4lfnxLonceEwGQBlyGHks8Ip4
Atlas Sound every demo shared on his blog

Microcastle/Weird Era = Halcyon Digest > Cryptograms (personal favorite) > Fading Frontier > Monomania > Turn It Up

Love me some D-Hunt
>>
Anybody ever seen them? Only got a chance to see them once after missing them (and atlas sound shows) for a few years. In late 2013 right before they canceled their tour is when I caught them. Good stuff a nice mix of Microcastle, Halcyon, and Monomania stuff. Bradford was engaging but no encore sadly. Met all the guys minus Lockett and would see them again.
>>
>>61288333
cryptograms > microcastle > weird era > turn it up faggot > monomania > halcyon digest > carve your initials into the walls of the night > fading frontier > unrequited narcissist

will never understand why most people think HD is their best, it's decent but generic indie rock with a ton of filler

also, let the blind > parallax > logos, although they are all pretty close.
>>
>>61288530
I agree with Crypto being so high up, I'm a stan for more psychedelic stuff. I wonder if they'll release a live record.

Let The Blind > Logos > Parallax

I think Parallax is too close to his demos for me to really keep coming back to it, however its a good progression for how he sounds over the course of his solo work (more and more acoustic singer songwriter stuff as oppose to the insane psychedelic loops).
>>
he peaked at microcastle/weird era cont

his latest album is.... ugh. he needs to go back to his more shoegazey stuff
>>
>>61288654
I don't think fading frontier was THAT bad, but it's worse than almost all their discography. It has killer songs, Snakeskin being one of them, it's sad that it doesn't have anything to do with the rest of the album and feels completely out of place hahaha.
>>
File: 1449267558344.jpg (83 KB, 437x442) Image search: [Google]
1449267558344.jpg
83 KB, 437x442
>>61288654
>tfw fading frontier has almost the same rating as cryptograms on RYM

how can people's opinions be so incorrect
>>
>>61288798
Yeah, when I heard the first 2 singles I figured the rest of the album would be like Snakeskin and Living My Life would be the odd track out. Too bad it was the opposite.

Atlas Sound is probably going to release a new album in 2016. Hopefully it will be more interesting than what he's been doing with Deerhunter.
>>
>>61288874
i'm more interested in what he'll be doing for atlas sound than deerhunter. all his atlas albums are really fucking good and consistent.
>>
Weird Era is probably their most underrated album. I could listen to it forever.
>>
>>61288530
If anything Halcyon shines for having no filler.
>>
>>61288502
I saw them in 2010 and a few months ago. They were fabulous in 2010. They played a lot of songs from Cryptograms, and my friend took the set list for me when the show was over. I left early the last show I went to. As much as I love him, Bradford can be pretty fucking annoying. They spent almost three hours practicing, and Bradford kept on asking how the audience wanted songs to be played. Then he tried to get everyone to talk to each other and form bands.

I'm not going to rate the albums, but I love everything except Fading Frontier and Halcyon Digest. Halcyon Digest has some great songs, but it paled in comparison to Weird Era and Cryptograms. I fucking hated Monomania at first, but it somehow became one of my favorite records from them.

>>61288963
I agree. Still my all time favorite from them.
>>
>>61288573
What I really love about Parallax is that I could find something new to enjoy with each listen. It's deceptively simple.

>>61288874
I hope another Atlas Sound album comes out in 2016.
>>
can somebody tell me what unrequited narcissist is? haven't heard of it at all until somebody listed it itt
>>
>>61288333
Stop sucking p4kcock
>>
>>61289073
>They spent almost three hours practicing, and Bradford kept on asking how the audience wanted songs to be played. Then he tried to get everyone to talk to each other and form bands.

Three hours practicing? This was one of the shows opened by Atlas Sound?
Truth is, i wouldn't go to a Deerhunter show, they always do stupid and unnecessary shit that would be funny in a... i don't know, punk band show, but Deerhunter has a lot of good songs that i would like to see, and all that stuff looks like a lot of lost time.
>>
>>61289280
Mostly ambient noodling. It's not bad but doesn't really stand up to other Deerhunter releases. It's on slsk if you're interested
>>
Why don't people like monomania?
>>
>>61289338
Yes, three hours. And yes, Atlas Sound opened. They would play a song and halfway through Bradford would stop them, ask the audience if they liked it and then played the same song again and again and again.

I thought it was cool at first but after the first hour, I just went to the merch table to get a couple Atlas Sound records and bounced. I felt bad for my husband since he was on his feet all day at work and then we stood there for hours just to be annoyed.
>>
>>61289408
post ur feet bb
>>
>>61289073
When I saw them they did the psychedelic ambient thing inbetween songs which I happen to dig. I like bradford's musings because I think they're part of his persona.
>>61289408
>They would play a song and halfway through Bradford would stop them, ask the audience if they liked it and then played the same song again and again and again.
Ok that's fucking annoying, at first I was like well maybe that's cool, then it just sounds dumb
>>
>>61289408
I think it has to do with Bradford saying that he doesn't want to be an indie musician but a "punk rocker", and wants to convince the public about it being way too unprofessional. He's going to run out of public if he keeps doing it though.
>>
>>61289435
Post yours first.

>>61289452
I love Bradford's musings too, but there was something very off about him. It seemed very disingenuous. He would make a joke, then repeat it. It was like he realized the audience liked something, so he had to hang onto it. He's admitted to being annoying, but even Lockett was ready to call it a night.
>>
>>61289549
Damn...Yeah Lockett is the Panda Bear to Bradford's Avey, except no one in AnCo is talkative at at all. Bradfords a character and has his off nights, I think it's that you had THREE HOURS of him on a weird night. I kind of wish Deerhunter went back to how they were in 2008-2010 but what can ya do
>>
Microcastle/Weird Era=Fading Frontier>Halycon Digest>Rainwater Cassette Exchange>Everything Else
>>
>>61289672
objectively wrong
>>
>>61289691
Nice meme.
>>
>>61289703
you're a meme
>>
>>61289691
I know you are
>>
>>61289719
We all are, we're in 4chan mate.
>>
post rare bradfords
>>
File: deerhunter.jpg (98 KB, 432x324) Image search: [Google]
deerhunter.jpg
98 KB, 432x324
>>61289786
comin' atcha
>>
>>61289786
he's going to break himself
>>
File: deerhunter-proenza-schouler-3.jpg (42 KB, 300x421) Image search: [Google]
deerhunter-proenza-schouler-3.jpg
42 KB, 300x421
>>61289786
>>
File: bradd.jpg (135 KB, 450x365) Image search: [Google]
bradd.jpg
135 KB, 450x365
>>61289786
Have I got some rare Brads for you
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rweAo3qoXok
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-IrQmnnleg
>>
>>61289870
I find interesting how all my favourite musicians wore dresses in some part of their career
>>
>>61289931
same... bradford cox, kate bush, joni mitchell, bjork, the list goes on
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.