[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are things you do to feel better about your taste? htt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: hej.png (721 KB, 753x598) Image search: [Google]
hej.png
721 KB, 753x598
What are things you do to feel better about your taste?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8X5K0jO1yc
Video very much related.
>>
Not knowing anyone who has my taste in the least
>>
>>61283585
>What are things you do to feel better about your taste?

I grew up.
>>
>>61283585
>What are things you do to feel better about your taste?

not being a pathetic autist who needs ''good taste'' as a last resort for an existing ego helps a lot
>>
>>61283682
This. Fuck off OP you newfag.
>>
>>61283701
Tbh for me it's not really about having good taste, but non-meme taste. Sometimes I look at my collection and almost all records are on one of the essentials-list and I feel sorta' plain/boring.
>>
>>61283585
Not listen to shit music.
>>
>>61283784

Special snowflake taste is overrated tbqhfam
>>
>>61283784
Yea, ofc, everyone starts somewhere
How old are you?
>>
I'm not shitting on his music taste by any means (I actually probably like Green Day as much as he does) but it literally looks like he went into a high street store and swept everything off the shelve and went yep, that'll do. Literally nothing there that tells me anything about what kind of person he is or why he likes a certain kind of music or anything. Even The Smiths or Joyy Division or something like that would show where his taste comes from but there's not even anything on that level and he felt strongly enough to make a music video about it. I think a collection should at least show someone what kind of person you are otherwise your literally just owning a collection for the sake of "yeh, I have records"
>>
>>61283908
I'm 18. Have been listening to a lot of music basically my whole life. A few years ago I used to listen to tons of obscure music because of the thrill of finding it. Last two years though I've started listening to classics and /mu/core, which has been more musically satisfying, but I miss just finding cool music.
>>
>>61284127
This is the only thing I use to define taste. If someone's taste is so plain and boring that I literally cannot infer even a little bit about them from it besides lumping them in with stereotypes then I consider it bad taste.

I have a friend who listens exclusively to rap metal, 90s rap, WWE theme songs, and video game sound tracks. His taste is a thousand times more interesting than most /mu/core dickriders here.
>>
>>61284200
>I have a friend who listens exclusively to rap metal, 90s rap, WWE theme songs, and video game sound tracks.

You have my sympathies.
>>
>>61283585
I physically cringe when people claim that an album that's less than 30 years old sounds better on vinyl. Christ.
>>
>>61284200
you have to take into account that /mu/taste is still a kind of taste and it is interesting to outsiders. I know that because I have /mu/taste and people take interest in my records
>>
Watching these kinds of videos

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6k74KxNTUQo
>>
>>61284234
Meh. He doesn't try to tell me that his taste is super great or anything, and music just isn't a topic we ever talk about.

>>61284304
I'm just talking about how I perceive things. I perceive /mu/ drones and p4k drones as more or less just being husks that listen to shit because people included it in a list. I'm sure there are some who actually read up on it and explore genres they like though.
>>
>>61284200
>rap metal, 90s rap, WWE theme songs, and video game sound tracks

Yeh, I know a few people who listen to that exact stuff, it seems to be a thing among certain kinds of guys. That taste is probably dime a dozen in America for 14 years old boys.
>>
>>61284399
I physically can't watch the video due to the way she handles her records, omg
>>
damn he mentioned winston-salem, weird
>>
>>61284399
meh, I've seen worse.
>>
>>61283784
yes, they're essential for a reason, and most people haven't even heard of them

>non meme taste
/mu/ is getting to your head, man

>>61284157
>i'm 18
lmao no surprises here

there's a lot of reward to be had searching for uber obscure music though, so keep going at it
>>
>>61283585
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXFs-NMWYac I remember that people that listen to this fucker exist.
>>
>>61284706
I hate all of these people, holy shit.
>>
>>61284760
That video makes me visibly cringe. He thinks that the video he is watching is cringey but fails to see the total hypocrisy in that HE himself is the epitome of cringe. I just die inside.
>>
File: 1448044594537.jpg (99 KB, 369x466) Image search: [Google]
1448044594537.jpg
99 KB, 369x466
>>61284399
i cant even watch this its painful
>those fucking teeth
>>
visit /mu/
>>
I try to listen to new things so that I'm not out of the loop, and to discover things I might like, but I'm in no way ashamed of the music that I hold dearest.
>>
>>61284399
>that nose
>those teeth
>jumpcut editing
>the way she handles her albums
Kill me now.
>>
>>61284830
That's easy to say when your fav' albums aren't ITATOS & meme-banana!
>>
>>61283585
whenever i pass someone in a 5 seconds of summer or 21 pilots shirt i usually feel better about my music taste but i dont go intentionally looking for things to make me feel better you know
>>
File: 1435789337263.jpg (17 KB, 321x308) Image search: [Google]
1435789337263.jpg
17 KB, 321x308
>>61284399
>ex gf was into basic white girl indie
>collected vinyl
>owned a crosley
>used to make youtube vlogs and kept talking about wanting to start again
>mfw one day I'll see her in one of these threads saying how amazing some fucking kodaline album is
>>
Cringe thread?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpCpc0h6BXg
>>
>>61284945
/mu/ really is full of shallow fucks
>>
>>61284399
I'm having a lot of fun watching these videos on youtube.

"I love vinyl!"
"I am a huge fan of collecting vinyl records!"
"Vinyl!"
"Record!"
>>
>>61287483
I mean, as the OP, this is nothing but a shitpost. Just some good old people actually being honest because they're anonymous. Quite good to see there are places like this, at least.
>>
>>61287812
Wasn't aiming at you, More to the people talking about his appearance
>>
>>61287887
Sure, think the point remains. What you're seeing is not something exclusive to /mu/, but humans. The reason you're only seeing it here is because we're held to nothing here. All completely anonymous, strangers.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.