[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/setup, vinyl etc./
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
What does your setup look like?
Recent pick ups?
Got anything nice for christmas?

I recently ordered the 2012 repress of Spirit of Eden and Colour of Spring.
Got that Peter Gabriel record today for like 4 bucks.
>>
File: 23.png (113 KB, 308x213) Image search: [Google]
23.png
113 KB, 308x213
>>61278228

>Speakers placed with 0.5M of hard desk surface in front of the drivers
>speakers pointing towards the vast horizon
>turntable right besides the speaker

I have yet to see one "listening set up" in this shithole that doesn't seem like it was put together by a KTT user
>>
>>61278309
Yh. I'm fairly new to all that. I'll read up on it and set it up properly.

What's wrong with having the record player close to the speakers though?
>>
>>61278388
>What's wrong with having the record player close to the speakers though?

anon please.
>>
>>61278442

that's not an answer
>>
>>61278388

sorry I am just jaded after 2much time looking at these nightmares. ptsds and all of that

the turntable placement is the least of your troubles. ideally you don't want any hard surfaces close to the side of your speakers to avoid unwanted signal bouncing, but if you have no choice, you can 'fix' this by placing something of the same size/weight in the same place on the opposite speaker. Also there is the potential of RF interference from having electronics 2closetogether

read "stereo field" and "speaker placement". be wary of steve hoffman and gearlutz users though.
>>
>>61278228
You always want the turntable to be on a very solid surface. Plus the vibration given from the speakers would transfer to the needle and can damage your vinyl or interfere with playback quality. With speakers that big, they need a lot of breathing room behind them
>>
File: IMG_0404[1].jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0404[1].jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
Just putting up some more posters and stuff as and when I find them

>>61278388
Vibrations ofc m8

My turntable has huge ass conical rubber dampeners on it so idgaf
>>
>>61278482
>>61278463
thanks, will do! <3
>>
i want to get a set of bookshelf speakers for my computer, any recs /mu/?
>>
File: DSCF6392.jpg (2 MB, 3000x4000) Image search: [Google]
DSCF6392.jpg
2 MB, 3000x4000
I was finally back home until this morning, but not anymore, so I'll just post the same old pic as always. nothing has changed much anyway, there are just two full red crates piled over the one you can see here
>>
File: IMG_1202.jpg (332 KB, 1400x1050) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1202.jpg
332 KB, 1400x1050
I really need something other than a crate to put my records in.
>>
>>61278786
I'll say it again, i love the Just a Poke album so much. It served as a nice christmas soundtrack this year.
>>
Why do you guys take the dust cover off
>>
>>61279070
Because I never had one in the first place
>>
>>61279070
Because the hinges broke.
>>
>>61279070
My record player didn't have on when I bought it. I bought a custom one off a guy from ebay, but I never managed to put the hinges on it, so now I just lift it on and off whenever I'm done playing.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.