[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people hate Coldplay so much? Is it just a meme or something?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
Why do people hate Coldplay so much? Is it just a meme or something? Their first album was god tier and their next 3 albums were above average. They might not be good now but you gotta admit they were pretty great back then.
>>
>>61276521
They are and always have been an incredibly bland, tasteless, lifeless and boring pop band. That's why people dislike them.
Also, they sound like a bad Radiohead knockoff.
>>
>>61276521
Because outside of 3 albums they didint do much
>>
>>61276549
this reply is mu as fuck, cringing
>>
Yeah I don't know why people hate them either but Ghost Stories and that single "Adventure of a Life time" are awful
>>
>>61276521
I always thought it was funny that english media shat on them for being a middle class fantasy band
>>
>>61276549
but they sound nothing like radiohead
>>
>>61276703
Listen to their early EPs. They literally sound like bad outtakes from OKC.
Trust me, I used to be a Coldplay fanatic but then I grew out of it.
>>
because they heard "fix you" once and then heard someone call them "coldgay" and they completely wrote off anything else theyve written. Great band to be honest. Parachutes, rush of blood to the head, viva la vida, great albums
>>
>>61276549
radiohead knockoff? you must be talking about a different band, were talking about coldplay here
>>
>>61276521
Because Elbow are better
>>
>>61276521
Yeah I don't get that either, among all the shitty butt rock, nu metal and pop punk on MTV they were actually decent
>>
>>61276758
See >>61276731
Also, AROBTTH totally sounds like Karma Police watered down and repeated for about 11 times.
>>
i liked Parachutes, AROBTTH, XY, and Viva La Vida. After that, I don't know WHAT happened.
>>
>>61276521

coldplay is for fucking bedwetters
>>
>>61276521
Is there anything more Fedora than hating Coldplay?
>>
Coldplay>Radiohead

Thom Yorke is a whining piece of shit
>>
>>61276986
damn, the ultimate diss, im so hurt as a coldplay fan
>>
>>61276521
I used to love them when i was 12 yo.
I also cant believe how shit they become after viva la vida
>>
>>61276521
>>61276739
>>61276954
>>61277471
>>61277538
Please fuck off and kill yourselves or at the very least get off this board.
>>
>>61277669
>waah stop liking what I don't like

Go jack off to radiohead you stupid Pitchfork drone
>>
File: 1381671416288.gif (2 MB, 331x248) Image search: [Google]
1381671416288.gif
2 MB, 331x248
>>61277669
>>
>>61276568
>complaining about /mu/ on /mu/.
wew lad.
>>
>>61276521
They aren't a very consistent band, even in the confines of an album. Every one of that bands albums' has 2+ songs that I can't stand.

When I was younger I really enjoyed A Rush Of Blood To The Head, and I still do. Parachutes and Viva La Vida/Prospect's March are alright too, in their own way.
I couldn't care less outside of that.
>>
>>61276576
Their first two albums are god-tier τbh fαm
>>
ITT:
>anons who used to like Coldplay defend them because muh if I liked it then it's okay

This is coming from someone who also liked Coldplay before they went to shit. Still, I'm not gonna pretend that they're greater than some generic pop rock band. They're really just nostalgiacore. Nothing else.
>>
>>61276521

oh god we're playing the fucking song whens it gonna end fuuuck

springs to mind

at best the music is tolerable, the lyricism is grammatically correct, and the image is bland
>>
>>61276766
literally who

(Travis was way better anyway)
>>
>>61279335
They wrote genuinely good pop rock songs, if they were less popular /mu/ wouldn't hate them so much
>>
>>61276521
Parachutes is awesome.
then Eno ruined Coldplay forever.
>>
i used to like all of their stuff but i've since grown out of them.. although I still think Parachutes and Viva la Vida are great.
>>
montie
>>
>>61277669
>he likes radiohead

cringing desu
>>
>>61279597
>>61279597
>>61279597
>>61279597
nothing else needs to be said, abandon thread
>>
They're pretty good, and pretty obviously in the same musical category as Radiohead. I don't mean that in a derogatory way to either group, it's just embarrassing to see people getting so butthurt about distinctions between two indie bands.
>>
M O R
O
R
>>
it's like the Nickelback thing. It was originally a group of people who hated them for a specific reason, but then as word spread of them being bad, the original reason was lost and they became a hated band because......uhhh? they're soft rock and ruining rock music!! >:0 [ or some stupid reason like that.
>>
Bland and unoriginal pop group for normies. But I can agree if you say that at least they're the best bland and unoriginal pop group for normies you can find.
>>
>>61282199
Except Coldplay were actually good
>>
>>61276549
>Also, they sound like a bad Radiohead knockoff.
They don't really sound like Radiohead at all. Don't get the comparison. They said that about Muse too.

I like their first 2 albums, some nice songs. Very earnest sounding (Shiver is a lovely song). They went a bit too stadium for my liking after that though. But I still think they're respectable.
>>
Viva > AROBTTH > Parachutes
Only worthwhile albums but Hurts Like Heaven, Up With the Birds, Don't Let it Break Your Heart, Always in My Head, Ink, O, Birds all good songs
Warning Sign and Cemeteries of London are GOATs
>>
Viva La Vida is one of my favorite albums the production on it is so damn good it's heartbreaking how much they've fell off since then.
>>
>>61276521
their first album was not god tier m8
>>
>>61276521
>ITT "Ripping off radiohead"
I dont think they ripped off radiohead, just did what lots of bands do and take influence from other sucsseful bands.
Personally i dont mind coldplay, early albums are pretty good if not all a bit similar, Viva la vida is great, since then has just been pretty pastiche and bland.
Not as bland /boring as the meme makes out to be but i do think having not much variance in style makes their music seem a bit meh to new listeners and is their biggest let down as a band.
>>
Viva > AROBTH > Parachutes

The other albums are complete horseshit minus a few songs. The three I mentioned are pretty great though
>>
File: 1446002058305.jpg (56 KB, 504x470) Image search: [Google]
1446002058305.jpg
56 KB, 504x470
>>61276521

We Never Change >>>>>>>>>>>>
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.