[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have literally hundreds of instrumentals but can't writer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: writers-block.jpg (771 KB, 1440x960) Image search: [Google]
writers-block.jpg
771 KB, 1440x960
I have literally hundreds of instrumentals but can't writer a lyric to save my life. any tips?
>>
maybe venture outside of your bedroom once or twice
>>
>>61272140

son im sorry I think you have mental retardation

i think you need to go back to school to learn and to read and write retard
>>
Just write. Like anything it takes practice.
This is obvious and you've probably been told it before but there really is no secret.
>>
>>61272140
read books
>>
>>61272153
>>61272157
Ignore these fucking retards.

You're at the stage where Thom Yorke was at after OK Computer. Just write random stuff down that means something to you and put them in a song. They can be as abstract or as concrete as you want them to be.
>>
>>61272174

Thom Yorke is a fucking retard LOL

Don't be like Thom Yorke and be a fucking retard stop doing weed and go back to school idiot
>>
>>61272160
>>61272157
>>61272153
everything I write seems so cringy and it feels embarrassing to sing it in front of people.
>>
>>61272195
At live shows people are generally receptive even to cringey stuff.
There won't be some eureka moment where something you write suddenly won't be cringey. You have to practice both writing and performing. You have to do it.
>>
>>61272174
>delusions
>>
>>61272195

Vocals don't have to be a main part of the melody. From listening to bands like Women, it struck me how vocals can sit alongside instrumentation in the mix, as opposed to being 'on top' of the mix. Lyrics don't need to be intelligible either. So I guess what I'm saying is; treat vocals like any other instrument without priority and just write anything that fills the void.
>>
>>61272195

maybe because you are a faggot cringey person probably with a lot of emotional issues that loves drama and deep inside you still think you are special snowflake

you should probably just write lyrics that pander to girls so you can get mad pussy bro
>>
File: you know me .jpg (140 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
you know me .jpg
140 KB, 1024x682
>>61272331
sarah?
>>
Let me hear some of those instrumentals!
>>
>>61272195
>>61272247
+1 to this advice. Really the long and short of it
all I would add is spend time doing things that inspire you and thinking about it I guess. Yesterday I watched a GZA interview where he was talking about how inspired he was by the universe and it was inspiring and cool to me and made alot of sense thought I am not a rapper. Read books n shit
>>
File: carl-b.jpg (27 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
carl-b.jpg
27 KB, 400x300
>>61272140
LETS COLLAB DOCTOR CARL

https://soundcloud.com/albertxlee/beijing-dopeman-20
>>
I like to write poems, they're basically songs so you can try that... If it helps. And personally, the best poems I've written were thought of during what ever that was happening around. If anything just journal your thoughts and read a lot, it really does help.
>>
File: image.png (192 KB, 501x445) Image search: [Google]
image.png
192 KB, 501x445
>>61272331
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.