[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /mu/, I've been lurking for a while here. These are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: favs.jpg (487 KB, 630x505) Image search: [Google]
favs.jpg
487 KB, 630x505
Hey /mu/, I've been lurking for a while here. These are some of my favorite albums, how bad do I have it lol? What albums do you recommend to make my taste better?
>>
>Good
Sgt. Peppers
Big Black
Abbey Road
Oingo Boingo
The Bends
Heroes
T Rex
MGMT
Neu!
Justice

>Bad
The Money Store
My Bloody Valentine
Velvet Undergroud & Nico
The Doors

Haven't heard the others.
>>
>>61271770
Why do you not like MBV. Is my jam.
>>
>>61271706
almendra is bad
>>
>>61271706
Start with a genre and its essentials, and get a chart or something from the wiki if you're lazy.

Sharethreads always have some promise

((Nobody really cares what your taste is though))
>>
>>61271770
And don't listen to this nigger
>>
>>61271706
Here, I'll do you up with some.

Kraftwerk - S/T (for fans of John Coltrane, Radiohead, T. Rex, VU, Neu, The Doors)

Killing Joke - Night Time (for fans of Big Black, Radiohead, Death Grips, T. Rex, MBV)

Television - Marquee Moon (for fans of Big Black, John Coltrane, David Bowie, T. Rex, VU)

Also you might like Coil - Ape of Naples, and Arcade Fire and King Crimson (in general) and Dreamies - Auralgraphical Entertainment.

Those are all still entry level, but I think they can also act as musical gateways.
>>
>>61271997
Not bad but not top tier either (like the majority of albums in that chart)
I believe Pescado 2 is better than Almendra e.g.
>>
>>61272318
OP here, I think Pescado 2 is better too, but Almendra is a favorite of mine because it holds more emotional value to me.
>>
>>61271770
>hasn't listened to At Folsom Prison
>thinks he has a valuable opinion
>>
>>61272290
Thanks for the suggestions man! I've been listening to ITCOTCK and I'm liking it so far, I'm gonna try to listen to more of KC's discography later. I've been wanting to listen to Arcade Fire too but I will try to check all of them out Anon
>>
>he actually listens to music
girlslaughing.jpg
>>
Soul Coughing is good. If you like them, listen to BadBadNotGood.

Try Chon and Tycho as well. They have that kind of ambience you might like.

Fuck what anybody else says by the way, The Money Store is dank

Fuck Radiohead and fuck Thom Yorke's stupid fucking face
>>
>>61271770
>bad
>my bloody valentine

bye
>>
>>61272474
I love BBNG anon! Their first one is probably my favorite of them
>>
>>61271770
>The Doors
>Bad

Redpill me on this meme, /mu/.
>>
>>61271706
If you like the Neu! s/t you should check out the Faust s/t
>>
>>61271706
Atomizer
Rapeman
At Action Park
White Light White Heat
Bleach
>>
>Good
TVU&N
Neu!
MBV
Coltrane

>Meh
The Doors (I probably underrate them)
ATCQ
T-Rex
The Beatles
Bowie

>Bad
Radiohead
Death Grips
MGMT
Oingo Boingo
Big Black

I would say the next logical step in developing your taste would be getting over The Beatles, listening to more jazz such as Mingus, Miles' later albums and such, and maybe jazz rock like Zappa or Soft Machine's Third. From there i would step into Beefheart and more avant-garde stuff.
>>
>>61273027
this
>>
File: 80122468571068.png (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
80122468571068.png
24 KB, 400x400
>>61273085
>Getting over the Beatles
>developing your taste
>>
>>61273120
Easily the most overrated band of all time. I have no clue why they're so damn famous, they made pop songs, then again, when has the general public ever been right when it comes to music.
>>
>>61271706
>Good
Most of it

>Bad
Death Grips
>>
>>61273255
go away scaruffi
>>
File: 7.jpg (82 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
82 KB, 680x680
>>61271770
>>
>>61271706
pick an angle and work it

you could go punk rock and listen to more shoegaze and albini produced records, i.e. pixies, shellac, jesus lizard, etc.

you could listen to more art rock but I hate that shit. try king crimson if you want more.

beatles, mbv, radiohead, these are all alike (and not just because they're from the uk). big album albums that are accessible and melodic. I'd recommend daydream nation, which is also a punk album.

if you want to get into hip hop, start with 90s east coast classics

36 chambers
liquid swords
illmatic
reasonable doubt
supreme clientele
etc.
and work your way out
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.