[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tweez is a better record than Spiderland.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: latest.jpg (36 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
36 KB, 600x600
Tweez is a better record than Spiderland.
>>
>>61267760
not really
>>
Steve, these opinions are all fucked up
>>
>>61267760
not really
>>
Sounds like another Steve Albini band.
>>
>>61267760
*NGHNGHNGHNGH*

AH

THANKS
>>
>>61267760
WHO is this faggotronic cock-for-brains shitfucker pretending to be OP's gay cousin's bottom, who doesn't acknowledge the greatness of the untitled 1994 EP?
>>
Is Tweez the new Bleach?
>>
>>61267778
>>61267800
Pat alone is a better track than anything on Spiderland.
>>
Oh sorry OP i'll translate that for you

"Tweez is more obscure than Spiderland therefor it's better"
>>
>>61268327
I didn't imply that.
>>
Tweez was just a bunch of kids playing around.

Spiderland, and the EP, had some real direction.
>>
>>61267760
Jesus, get theses shit opinions out of here.
Even after taking Spiderland out of the equation, Tweez itself is a godawful record that is fucking painful to listen to because of how badly composed the songs are and how shitty the production is. There is absolutely nothing redeeming about this album, except for the opening riff of Ron, and even that was incorporated into the shrieking guitar riff on Nosferatu Man. This album's only good quality was fucking stolen by Spiderland and the best part is that it was made infinitely better by Spiderland. This record is shit in every way possible and is extremely difficult to even find decent.
>>
>>61268393
Terrible opinion, duder.
>>
>>61267788
Albini likes Spiderland better and he wishes he got the chance to engineer it
>>
>>61267760
contrarian opinion
>>61268413
steve would've probably fuck it up
>>
>>61268413
as much as i like albini i like that he didn't

i like it the way it is
>>
Tweez is objectively the better album.
>>
Interesting to listen to, but not a patch on Spiderland for me.
>>
>>61267760
no
>>
>>61268393
Holy shit this is a worse opinion than OPs. How much noise rock have you listened to?
>>
>>61268948
yes

literally give me 5 acceptable reasons why spiderland is a better record than tweez
>>
>>61269898
1. the ideas in the songs on spiderland flow into each other seamlessly while the songs on tweez are almost punk songs in how they stick to the same chord progression the whole way through
2. the production is more live sounding on spiderland, no instrument sticks out more than another (volume wise)
3. in general the instrumentation is tighter. not that noodling is a bad thing, but the instruments on spiderland all emulated what each other were doing and stayed within the songs' structures.
4. i'm sorry
5. i miss you
>>
>>61270834
>5. I miss you

DAMN
>>
>>61267760
Nah senpai
>>
>>61267788
underrated post
>>
>>61267760
You know what, even though I don't agree with you, I respect your opinion.

Merry Christmas OP.
>>
>>61270834
agreed, Spiderland is just more cohesive. When i first started listening to Tweez i thought it would be my favorite but it doesn't age as well as Spiderland with multiple listens.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.