[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/, can i use this pyramid to find better music?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 1451050863788.jpg (705 KB, 2301x1834) Image search: [Google]
1451050863788.jpg
705 KB, 2301x1834
>>
No. It's dumb as fuck
>>
yeah go ahead
>>
you can use the pyramid to laugh
because it is a joke
>>
you can use it to find new music, and new genres of music

but better music? that's subjective you cunt
>>
>big beat
>type 0
>>
>>61264930
If you want to use it to find stuff sure, but it was made as a joke to fuck with people who actually believe in "patrician music"
>>
>>61265035
Source?
>>
>>61264930
You'll probably find new music. Good, not so much. The farther you get up the pyramid the more gimmicky it gets. Type five is ok, but type four is just pretentious "art" more than it is music. For example, danger music is basically just a more pretentious way to Incorporate metal level gore into "white rabbit in a snowstorm" level art assery.
>>
>>61265122
What would you recommend? I don't know where to start, and what is good?
>>
>>61265122
type five is definitely gimmicky as shit but imo it's less about actual music and more about theory. you look up stuff like xenharmonics and generative electronics and the majority of what you find will be stuff like columbia-princeton 1961 - 1973

i fuck with some lowercase though, forms of paper and rec01 are really neat pieces of music
>>
>>61264930
if yr purposely and actively seeking out music that is "difficult" then you shouldn't listen to difficult music. stop trying to put on an air. accept that you are a pleb and grow your taste organically.
>>
>>61265247
honestly if you're looking for new music that is listenable but also rewarding (whatever the fuck that means), look into types 2 and 3

4 and 5 are gimmicky; the only stuff you'll find that's worth listening to on a somewhat regular basis is lowercase, danger music, and maybe some onkyo-kei
>>
>>61265365
patricianfag spotted
>>
Just listen to shit you like, fuck a stupid infograph with a bunch of stupid fucking genres listed. Youtube is a great way to find new shit, try clicking related videos
>>
>>61265388
Thanks, based choof!
>>
>>61265077
This makes me sad. If you don't realize that music is subjective and that enjoyment of one genre over another is valid regardless of who it is or which genre, or that every "genre" will have a relatively similar amount of "good" and "bad," I don't know what to do for you
>>
>>61265077
here's ur source
look up indeterminacy, a style of performed music where the sheet music literally tells you to play a note as loud as you possibly can
>>
>>61265409
np
also i'd recommend sticking to new genres that sound like they'd be a derivative of whatever you listen to on a regular basis
>>
Post some type-v music
>>
>>61265498
4'33" could be considered aleatoricism
>>
>>61265498
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp3BlFZWJNA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wfvd3fHPkJA
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.