[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on the new amazing song? http://youtu.be/R3kPH2MJz
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 509x509) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 509x509
Thoughts on the new amazing song?
http://youtu.be/R3kPH2MJzlg

New album soon?
New tour soon?
>>
>new
So it wasn't just an unreleased old track?
>>
>>61261014
He says its new is the description
>>
>>61261029
Why those bitches gotta break up to come back on christmas for shits and giggles?
>>
It needs more bleeps and bloops
>>
>>61261077
I'm guessing there'll be a new tour soon.

Sucks that they "broke up" and might not stick to their word.
>>
>>61260992
I dunno, it seemed more like a one off, I doubt it's the beginning of them touring in as much as it is a planned beginning. If they all found it fun to record and play together I could see a reunion later on though.
>>
best present ever
>>
It's not an amazing LCD Soundsystem track but it's a great surprise to get fro them this Christmas.
>>
It's an open secret that they're touring festivals next year and headlining Coachella and Bonnaroo.

It's not just those fucks at CoS saying it either, there are other people with insider knowledge that have confirmed that it is happening.
>>
>>61261105
>Sucks that they "broke up" and might not stick to their word.
Fuck off, what kind of person holds an opinion that idiotic? James clearly wanted a break from the band to go off and do other things like running a bar, producing other band's albums, doing that subway thing, etc, and now he wants to get the band back together. Tell me, what's wrong with that? Who are you to say what he should be doing?
>>
>>61263233
At its core, LCD Soundsystem's best work was all about bittersweetness and saying goodbye to the past, which was perfectly reflected by their farewell show. No one's saying they can't make any more music, but that last goodbye feels a bit cheaper now.
>>
>>61263233
See the Talking Heads reunion for the hall of fame induction to see why why reunions aren't always great, also it's more that the Madison Square gardens were an incredible send off and you run the risk of ruining that legacy if you do anything else
>>
It's not that good desu, but it might lead to better shit
>>
>>61263282
>>61263275
So if James wants to make more music and tour with his old bandmates, what should he do? Go by another band name even though everything else is the same? Not do it at all for fear of "ruining his legacy"?
People get too hung up on shit like this, it's just music, don't give them shit for giving everyone another chance to see them do what they do best.
One could definitely argue that James played up the whole "farewell" bit too much, but damn guys he's only human, he probably regrets that now but hopefully he's knows better this time.
>>
>>61263331
Oh I don't really care, I'd love to see them myself, it's more like an apprehension that it might not be as good as one expects it to be. I guess its an attraction to the romantic ideal of better to burn out than fade away or whatever it is.
>>
>>61263331
I will absolutely go see them if I have a chance. I'll shout along to North American Scum and pump my fist to Daft Punk Is Playing at My House and dance like a fool to Dance Yrself Clean and probably tear up at All My Friends and I will look forward to any new album with excitement and James will still be one of my favorite people.

I'll just never be able to view Shut Up and Play the Hits in the same light again, that's all. But who knows, in the long run that may be entirely worth it.
>>
I almost don't want them to do another album because perfect album trilogies make muh dick hard, but I like this song. Good present.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.