[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what are essential beatles albums? I never really listened them.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1
File: bands_the_beatles.jpg (903 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bands_the_beatles.jpg
903 KB, 1920x1080
what are essential beatles albums? I never really listened them. I heard rubber soul is great
>>
listen in release order.
Why do people feel the need to be spoonfed an artists "best" or "accessible" materiel, just listen to it in the same way fans of Beatles would have. Release order.
>>
>>61259520
>I heard rubber soul is great
That's they're best imo
Go listen to it
>>
Just listen to it, their albums are pretty short anyway. It'll be faster than waiting for someone to respond or to post a chart.
>>
nowhere man is my goto song when on LSD
>>
Just listen to the fucking music and decide for yourself whether or not you like it, Jesus Christ. Shit thread, op baka desu senpai
>>
Magical Mystery Tour
Sgt Pepper

Rest are shit.
>>
>>61260272
someone is mad cuck lmao
>>
Pretty much every full-length release from Help! onward is worth your time.

If you get into them, the early stuff is also great in the way things like Elvis Presley, Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry, Little Richard, etc are good. Lots of youthful energy and exuberance caught on record.
>>
>>61260314
How could I be mad on Christmas, anon ;)
>>
>>61260506
using happy smileys is a sign of passive aggressiveness
>>
>>61260517
It was a winkie ya silly!!!
>>
>>61259520
These guys are kinda overrated, but their music was influential historically so you listen because of the social context of the 60s mainly today.

They just make good-written and funny pop singles.

I really loved Abbey Road, probably one of their most accomplished. White Album is pretty funny. Sgt. Pepper's is awesome, great concept.

I don't get the fuss around Revolver sadly. Except a couple of good songs(Tomorrow Never Knows, Eleanor Rigby). The album is really ok.

Magical Mystery Tour is cool also, check this one.
That's it ! Have a nice listen. Their first albums never really impressed me, sound really like 60's One Direction.
>>
>>61259520
start with revolver

then try earlier albums if you want more of the traditional suit wearing beatles

and try sgt pepper and after if you want more of the LSD beatles
>>
Side B of Magical Mystery store is all legendary songs that most people probably heard first, so maybe start there. Or Abbey Road
>>
>>61260785

What is underrated music to you?

>>61260785
>They just make good-written and funny pop singles.

That's all any musician does.
>>
>>61260785
>Their first albums never really impressed me, sound really like 60's One Direction.
DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS MAN
A Hard Day's Night and Help! are 100% worth anyone's time. The other two, With the Beatles and Beatles For Sale, are great as well.
>>
>>61259520
White album is a great way to get into the 'weird' side of the later Beatles
>>
>>61260830
>>61260830
They are, but it's straight Mersey Beat, you've got to appreciate that if you want to dig those albums, let's be honest.
>>
Help onwards are Beatles' most artistically accomplished releases
>>
Did you never give a damn in the first place?
>>
>>61260866
Beatles for Sale is very folky. It's their first weed album.
>>
I love With the Beatles. That has Postman, It Won't Be Long and Twist and Shout right?
>>
>>61260866
>merseybeat is basic shit senpai wheres my float downstream song

a hard days night and with the beatles are my faves get out if here

fuck me im all out of enemies btw
>>
>>61260810
>What is underrated music to you?
Every kind of music that is underestimated by any musician critics in western journals. Post-Rock, World Music and Folk Music is strongly Underrated and never talked about, just because they don't have that "pop" edge and Vocal emphasis that some artists follows so they get that attention. I live in Montreal and some artists like GY!BE, Colin Stetson, Tim Hecker and Patrick Watson who no fuckin magazine talks about here, but everybody knows them outside of Montreal. These artists are underrated.

I listen to alot of Folk Music like Taraf de Haidouks and Urs Karpatz, and nobody talks shit about theses guys. But their music and complex, rich, and incredible, without that "pop" edge.

>They just make good-written and funny pop singles.
>That's all any musician does.

Wrong. Some artists talks about their life, their problems, displays the failures and success in their lyrics. They don't make funny pop singles. I can name alot that don't make theses of funny pop singles : Mars Volta, Colin Stetson again, Swans, Behemoth(last cd was amazing), Mike Patton, etc....
>>
>>61260874
that's funny because a hard days night is a lot better than help
>>
lol this nigga is just getting into the beatles.

what are you 8? it's christmas go play black ops 3 that you just got.
>>
>>61260922
>Postman
Wow, I forgot how good that was. Amazing vocal. Sounds oddly modern?
>>
>>61260302
this
>>
A Hard Day's Night
Help!
Rubber Soul
Revolver
Sgt Pepper's
Magical Mystery Tour
White Album
Abbey Road
>>
It's really subjective.

For me, Abbey Road, White Album, Sgt. Pepper, Beatles for Sale(not really super experimental or weird, just some solid ass tracks), and Revolver.
>>
>>61260302
thiiis
>>
rubber souls and beyond for experimental
everything before rubber souls is pretty basic pop rock
or just listen to the white album you'll pretty much hear everything you'll need to hear
>>
Depends on your tastes.

1962-1964
>DUDE MERSEYBEAT LMAO

1964-1965
>DUDE FOLK ROCK LMAO

1965-1968
>DUDE DRUGS LMAO

1968-1970
>DUDE ROCK LMAO
>>
>>61261802
Jesus Christ i hate how accurate that is lmao.
>>
>>61261013
#rekt
>>
>>61261013
im 28 :P
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.