[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this album praised lyrically? It gets really repetitive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: folder.jpg (61 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
61 KB, 500x500
Why is this album praised lyrically? It gets really repetitive and most of the songs are an assortment of shared themes. Take a line from one song and you can find a near identical line in another. She makes various mentions to cars, drinks/glsses, her crew, parents & her house, her city, pride in her class, etc.
>>
>>61257294
at the time nothing in top 40/pop was doing those things
well they marketed it as "indie"
>>
>>61257294
Where's your album? Where's your music from 17? Anybody heard it?
>>
>>61257294
Mind you each individual songs pretty interesting i particularly like tennis court, through i do agree with what your saying. Besides that It's a nice pop album and if she gets more time to do her next release it could be really good.
>>
>>61257720
Thisssss
>>
Suburban ennui is like the least interesting thing in the world to explore artistically. Lorde, the rich girl she is, will never have anything interesting to say.
>>
>>61257720
Yeah lol

I'm taylor swift btw
>>
>>61257746
I do like the songs individually but when I do a full listen I catch myself thinking "Didn't she just say this?" frequently.

>>61258435
Though dubious, I can see your point.
>>
DUDE 17 LMAO
>>
>>61257294
It's a white girl going out and saying she wants to own black people. It's praised lyrically because it's subliminal propaganda that the white elite produced so the black man can be subjugated by the next generation of white kids who grew up listening to this shit. It critiques hip hop specifically and accuses black people of having wanton, unrestrained greed; thus, the white people need to regain control and put them in their place.

>let me be your ruler
This one line exemplifies this sentiment perfectly; she wants to rule over black people and remove their gold teeth and other things their unchecked freedom has gotten them.
>>
>>61257294
nigga do you even fugue
>>
>>61260095
ahahahaahahahahahahahahaha
top kek
>>
>>61257720
>implying lorde is something other than a manufactured counterweight to manufactured pop music
>implying she writes the music
>implying that whoever does write it is any good
>>
DUDE I'M POOR LIKE YOU LMAO
>>
>>61257720
>implying you must make art in order to be able to criticize it
>>
>>61257294
The lyrics compliment the production very well, you can tell that its written by Lorde and not a ghost writer like most music today. Solid album considering most music in the mainstream cant compare to it.
>>
>>61260379
making art gives you a better understanding of it tho. like how music theory gives you a greater appreciation of music
>>
>>61261075
Well, this is /mu/. Comparing an album to the mainstream doesn't really help its case here.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.