[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trouble With Bandmate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1
File: SchiziodMan Bust.jpg (346 KB, 740x540) Image search: [Google]
SchiziodMan Bust.jpg
346 KB, 740x540
My two friends and I are starting a band together. My one friend is really into edgy tween rock, e.g. blink-182, my chemical romance, three days grace and other stuff like system of a down and Marilyn Manson. I'm afraid that he's going to want to make tween rock and I don't want to be a part of that. How do I go about talking to him about how we can't make that kind of music? I'm thinking about introducing him into some post-rock and experimental stuff before I confront him to get him interested in other music, but he may not go for it. Also, what are some good post-rock and experimental rock albums that would be good to show him? I was thinking lift your skinny fists like antennas to the heavens. Pic Unrelated, just needed a filler pic.
>>
just don't be in a band wit him
>>
>>61255278
I don't really want to give up on him this early into it, plus I don't have anyone else to be in a band with.
>>
>>61255278
/thread
>>
>>61255308
i was in your position months ago
dude never wavered in his music taste
had a pretty bad falling out lol
nigga said shoegaze was all the same n shit
yet praised garage rock for being "different" and "innovative"
top fucking kek
>>
>>61255265
>confirmed for being under 18

just make music by yourself because in the end all bands break up/change members throughout their lifetime.
>>
>>61255308
i guess give him some albums to listen to then but in my experience, if you really arn't on the same page musically even if you are good friends it will never really result in much in a band. everyone one will be compromising and pretty much permanently unhappy cuz they are not making exactly what they want to
>>
>>61255265
Just have a talk about what music you guys want to make, and find something you both agree on. Like just show each other music for a while.
>>
>>61255265
I wish my friends could keep up, I think it's a normal problem if you're trying to achieve something great, try to hold onto your ideas and work on them yourself until you find a team worthy to aid you
>>
>>61255265

it looks like you are going to have to kill him. im sorry, anon.
>>
>>61255328
You sound like a cunt, shoegaze does sound the same just like raw blues you probably just gush over post processed effects that signify your dwarfed mind "ooh here's where you pay attention ding ding ding" I bet your friend just got sick of you talking about the SAME mbv album OVER AND OVER again
>>
start with post hardcore
>>
>>61255265
So what was he going to play and how skilled is he OP? What kind of music do you want to play and is the other friend in agreement with you?
>>
>>61255265
Post a photo of all 3 of you so we can name you
>>
>>61255265
What instrument does you friend with shitty taste play?
>>
>>61255394
I actually have never listened to mbv before. Haven't listened to a whole lot of shoegaze either. I'm not trying to be a cunt, I just want to be in a band that makes music I like.
>>
>>61255440
Was gonna say, if he plays drums you are probably good. had to be the song writer banging on the skins.
>>
>>61255265
What's wrong with System of A Down faggot?
>>
>>61255440
>>61255422
He plays the guitar and bass, but because I only play bass he's only doing guitar. He's fairly skilled. He's been playing for a long time, but it not like he's anything super special. I'm not entirely sure what I want to make, I know what I don't want to make though, pop-punk and metal basically. I really like post rock like GSYBE.
>>
>>61255467
hahahahahahahaha
>>
>>61255467
I never meant to insult the bands I listed, just showing what kind of music he takes inspiration from and that I don't want to make music like those bands.
>>
>>61255498
I mean ya don't have to like them, but stop trying to be an edgy cunt by "Lol I don't listen to 'mainstream' stuff look at me lol."
>>
>>61255484
Thinking about it more, I don't really want to make post-rock. Music kind of like The Glow Pt2 is what I want to make, but I'm still experimenting and trying to find what i like most.
>>
>>61255265
Honestly if you really want to play your own stuff find someone else if it doesn't work out. I play in a coverband and a punk band right now. The coverband is with my best friends, the punk band with a good friend and people that want to make punk. I could never play in the punkband with the guys of the coverband, since they just don't fit. One of the best things about making music is meeting new people to play with.
>>
>>61255525
i dont even dislike them, i used to listen to them a lot, i saw em live in meadowview actually it was a pretty rad show but i still wouldnt get that defensive over em
>>
>>61255525
That wasn't me
>>
>>61255569
>>61255566
Okay, sorry, I've had a bit to drink and am being a bit of a bitch.
>>
>>61255548
You aren't going to make 100% what you like. You are not the only member, you are going to need to make compromises.
>>
>>61255484
Idk man it might take time to get him to liking something like GSYBE. Maybe start by trying to get him into better pop punk and hardcore like the Dead Kennedys, Bomb the Music Industry, and Andrew Jackson Jihad.
>>
>>61255592
it's okay senpai it's only the internet <3
>>
>>61255605
I understand that, I just don't want to make music like blink-182 and my chemical romance. Is that too much to ask?
>>
>>61255363
>team worthy to aid you
YOU ARE A FAGGOT

>>61255342
ONLY SOLUTION OTHER THAN QUITTING NOW.
source? life.
>>
>>61255610
>AJJ
>good
The fuck you smoking?
>>
>>61255613
<3 thanks desu
>>
>>61255265
fuckem
collaborate with people you're compatible with. you can't make someone conform to your taste in music.
The music won't be as good if all the band mates aren't into the music. Stunts creativity.
I'd say go for it, play with him, show him what kind of music you want to aim for and if he doesn't seem to be into it there are plenty of years ahead of you, and plenty of guys willing to jam and experiment with to start bands with.
Don't let friends get in the way of your creativity, and don't waste your time. Some friends just aren't compatible musically.
>>
>>61255660
Where do I find more people to make music with. I'm moving to Salt Lake, Utah in a month and both of my friends are coming with me.
>>
>>61255631
AJJ is good. Not the best thing to ever bless the mic, but they're good
>>
>>61255720
well, that points to the potential character of the friendship
get them to make the musical journey as well

or this:>>61255628
>>
>>61255328
>shoegaze is more patrician than garage rock

nah. theyre about the same level of plebness m8. you fell out with your friend because of an unjustified ego you developed while posting on italian hotdog message board
>>
>>61255484
>bass player has ideas

lmao
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.