[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the verdict?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1
File: 2uSipvN.jpg (52 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
2uSipvN.jpg
52 KB, 500x500
What's the verdict?
>>
pretty good. These trips confirm
>>
Good
>>
AOTY for me
>>
>best line is sung by siri
still cant get over that
>>
AOTY. Thought it was the most consistent album throughout the whole year.
>>
Either this or IDLSIDGO for rap AOTY
>>
its shit, like all music ever made
>>
>>61253659
It's great but
>lol I have greater taste than u you just like le XDXD memes
Keeps getting in the way of actual criticism
>>
it's dope. i think it's dumb that travis tries so hard to turn people away from his music but i guess he's smart enough to realize that inaccessibility is very appealing to devout fans.
>>
>>61253918
explain to me the inaccessibility, most of my friends who enjoy music casually like him.
>>
Opposite Lanes and Leonard's Lake are SOTY contenders.
Columns is also great but I'm not feeling the rest of the tracks at all.
>>
The lyrics are edge-lord status
>>
>>61254056
thats such a lazy criticism honestly
>>
>>61254062
Why? I can barely listen to a track because all I can think is a 15 year old, newly transformed atheist wrote them.
>>
>>61254014
what a weird opinon
>>
>>61253659
Fantastic
>>
>>61254092
are his lyrics even explicitly atheist?
>>
>>61254171
No but it's very obvious that he's trying really hard to be deep
>>
>>61254092
nah there really is a lot more depth to his lyrics which is why i kind of cringe when people compare him to Tyler or call him an edge lord.
he's rapping about certain philosophical ideas, and mythologies in a very educated and poetic way. even when he wasn't writing so seriously he still had traces of being very well read and consistently sticking to these themes.

i think the lyrical opening to Columns (first rap song on the album) comes across as edgy but it corrects itself right away. i enjoyed the album a lot more once i read the lyrics to fully understand what he was saying. it's negative and dark, but it isn't edgy imo. there is a distinction between them.
>>
>>61254056
>>61254092
>>61254184
are you legitimately fucking retarded
>>
>>61253962
Travis(LUM) puts in songs that are a totally different genre then hip hop(Noise Music). On the surface they totally disrupt the flow of the album, so people who are new listeners of Lil Ugly Mane would not like the album.
>>
>>61253659
AOTY imo. Brilliant.
>>
>>61254184
so what? its called artistic expression, jesus christ
>>
>>61254184
it's possible to be depressed and also not be a tryhard edgelord
>>
>>61254184
The Last song disproves this statement
>>
>>61254218
there was plenty of noise in previous releases
>>
>>61254184
i don't think he tried that hard dude.
a song like Grave Within in a Grave is pretty fucking deep (no pun intended), meaningful and creepy in a way that most rappers can't pull off.
>>
>>61254184
can you give an actual example?
>>
>>61254218
yea no. you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>61254215
this tho
>>
>>61254092
>implying a 15 year old could construct anything that lyrical
>>
Hip hop is by definition Pop Music and therefore any attempts to be deep or artistic through it are pretty corny. If it's not Art Music it doesn't have artistic merit to begin with and is mallgoth shit if it even tries. That's why the new LUM is so cringey
>>
>>61254287
that's a ridiculously stupid statement
>>
>>61254310
thought the exact same thing
>>
>>61254310
>>61254317
Because you guys are raptards
>>
>>61254338
actually you're just stupid obviously
>>
>>61254338
i thought the same thing too and my taste and knowledge in music is GOAT. it just wasn't an intelligent or well thought out statement because most genres are pretty straightforward and predictable but leave plenty of room for creativity and expression.
>>
>>61254287
>>61254338
>>61254392
samefagging
>>
>>61254438
seriously?
>>
>>61253659
its great
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.