[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck I love this album so much I wanna fuck it. The way "Love
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: revolver.jpg (75 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
revolver.jpg
75 KB, 300x300
Fuck I love this album so much I wanna fuck it. The way "Love You To" speeds is orgasmic. This is the best Beatles album.

>inb4 scarufii pasta
>>
I love how they make the guitar sound like a chainsaw
>>
Definitely my favorite Beatles album, by miles actually.
>>
File: 14.png (941 KB, 886x886) Image search: [Google]
14.png
941 KB, 886x886
>>61253324
Fuck I love this album so much I wanna fuck it. The way "Purple Pilgrims PseudoArcana 8" Side A" speeds is orgasmic. This is the best album.
>>
>>61253343
I seriously find it crazy how ahead of its time Tomorrow Never Knows and Love You Too are but for some reason no artist (including the Beatles) could really match it.

Tomorrow Never Knows is still 10/10 today, makes me wonder what people thought in 1966
>>
>>61253423
Tomorrow Never Knows is like Rev 9-lite. Strawberry Fields Forever is superior psychedelia.
>>
>>61253487
But both of those songs came after, for one.

Secondly, you can't really call TMK Rev9 lite. Rev9 is simply a collage. The most influential sound collage ever for sure, but still just an arrangement of samples.

TMK is a masterful, visceral, psychedelic experience. They took every odd experiment they had been working with (tape loops, backmasking, Leslie speaker cabinet, distortion effects) and turned them into a 3 minute 'pop' song. And not just a 'pop' song - a rhythmic, intense, and legitimately hard rocking piece of music. One of this things where it starts and you just feel like you're on a rollercoaster.

SFF is 10/10 psych pop for sure, but it's still psych pop. TMK for me is on par with things such as The Rite of Spring - it's beyond a 'song,' it's a historic event.

Probably the greatest 3 minute piece of music in history t b h.
>>
>>61253487
>Strawberry Fields Forever
Lennon's most overrated song. Tomorrow Never Knows hasn't aged a bit. You could release it on a Chemical Brothers album and it wouldn't soung out of place.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5FyfQDO5g0
>>
the reason the beetles music is so timeless is because their arrangements were 10/10. everything is else whatever. but the way there loops transition is still unique to this very day. very few bands have arrangments like that
>>
>>61253622
>Rev9 is simply a collage.
so is tomorrow never knows, just an advertisement for lennon's studio trickery, same as rev 9

tomorrow never knows is not a historic event, calm down, sperglord, tomorrow never knows is very much psych pop
>>
too bad yellow submarine fucking sucks
>>
>>61253975
>tomorrow never knows is very much psych pop
>>
File: hank_hill.jpg (36 KB, 500x328) Image search: [Google]
hank_hill.jpg
36 KB, 500x328
I listened to this album in its entirety for the first time today.
I'm not a die hard Beatles fan, always liked a few songs. But with Beatles stuff on spotify now it gave me a chance to really give a whole album a listen.
I chose to listen to revolver in full because of how i hear it's been called "their best" by some. And I can see why one might say that now. It's really good. I could go into detail, but i wont.
Now to listen to some more full albums to compare.
>>
>>61254728
Best christmas yet
>>
>>61254728
listen to the mono version
>>
Revolver in mono is pure fucking bliss
>>
>>61253975
that was mccartney who wanted the tape loops as opposed to what they did on rev 9. this supports your argument of it being psych pop
>>
>>61253975
it was Mccartney's idea for all the tape loops in TNK
>>
>>61254769
this. it's the real version with different effects and better drums and bass sounds. like how in eleanor rigby his voice switches to the fake-doubling effect. back then the beatles didn't attend the stereo mixing, and it was kinda being used in a gimmick way like 3d in movies. also the mono versions of Rain and Paperback Writer from the same sessions of that album are essential listening especially if you have good bass on your speakers
>>
>>61254794
>>61254793
Guys listen to how they constructed those loops from samples of indian music and laughter and orchestra
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY8ZNkoT5e8
>>
>>61254769
eh... i appreciate the recommendation, but i'm not that much of a hipster mac fag. 2009 remastered version will do
>>
>>61254834
your loss m8
>>
File: 1321920820337.jpg (40 KB, 546x574) Image search: [Google]
1321920820337.jpg
40 KB, 546x574
>people actually don't think that Tomorrow Never Knows is one of the best songs ever to come from rock music
>>
>>61254760
I know, good thing too. I almost switched to apple music just for the beatles. fuck apple. spotify reins superior. all the more reason to get an andriod now.
>>
>>61254849
but i like the way the sounds go from my left earphone to my right
>>
>>61254891
to each his own m8
>>
>>61254728
this is the guy to thank
http://www.beatlesbible.com/people/geoff-emerick/
>>
>>61255127
Ringo's drum sound on TNK is just out of this world, dampened, compressed, all that shit, love it. Emerick was a pro.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.