[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /mu/, how do i get into punk?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: help me mu.jpg (13 KB, 350x290) Image search: [Google]
help me mu.jpg
13 KB, 350x290
Hey /mu/, how do i get into punk?
>>
Death Grips :)
>>
>>61252830
Gonna save that for listening, thank you :)
>>
Buzzcocks - Another Music In a Different Kitchen
Devo - Q Are We Not Men A We Are Devo
Crass - Penis Envy
Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures
Jay Reatard - Blood Visions
Wire - Pink Flag
The Ex - Disturbing Domestic Peace
Minutemen - Double Nickels on the Dime
Fugazi - 13 Songs
Big Black - Atomizer
Rudimentary Peni - Death Church
Killing Joke - Killing Joke (1980)

just some of my favourites, pretty well known albums but still highly recommend all of them
>>
become a teenager again
>>
>>61252857
there are like 5 punk bands on this list
>>
You listen to jazz.
>>
Listen to White Light/White Heat until you become punk.
>>
>>61252873
lol they're all punk bands you moron
>>
>>61252770
The Clash - The Clash
Black Flag - First Four EPs
Fugazi - 13 Songs
Refused - The Shape Of Punk To Come
Dillinger Four - Versus God
>>
>>61252857
>>61252912
Thank the both of you, i'm currently listening to Wipers, are they any good?
>>
>>61252926
Yeah Wipers are great, admittedly I haven't listened to anything past the first three albums, but those three are so good
>>
Skip it and get into post punk
>>
>>61252912
Refused is proto-nu metal garbage
>>
>>61253035
having cool riffs and grooves does not make it nu-metal

it's a different side of punk that OP may or may not enjoy and it's been a huge influence on the past 15 years of punk and hardcore
>>
>>61253070
It's a really pretentious album and desu I found it boring anyway
>>
>>61253105
of course it's pretentious, but it's also really catchy throughout and holds up very well

for every person like you there's about 10 people that love it and go back to it regularly
>>
>>61252857
No Dead Kennedys, Minor Threat, Bad Religion

What the fuck man
>>
>>61253145
Just my personal opinion, but I think those bands are a bit dull, obviously they are extremely essential in the punk canon, but idk bog standard punk rock of that variety never really interested me
>>
>>61253170
Eh, I'd hardly consider Dead Kennedys dull. The lyrics and vocals are pretty flamboyant and those guitar tones are some of the most memorable of their era.
>>
>>61253170
Yeah but to get someone into punk I think it's important to show off some classics, to have a good frame of reference.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.