[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to be a good reviewer according to /mu/: >make a negative
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: ncoNwuh1tcGMYNE0.png (55 KB, 209x204) Image search: [Google]
ncoNwuh1tcGMYNE0.png
55 KB, 209x204
How to be a good reviewer according to /mu/:
>make a negative review to an acclaimed album
Prove me wrong /mu/.
>>
if it's to emphasize the quality of higher rated albums, sure
>>
>Music reviewers
Kill yourself you e-celeb worshipping faggot
>>
Most of /mu/ knows 3 or 4 reviewers, why do you care
>>
>/mu/
>considering any reviewer 'good'

uh...
to be a good /mu/ reviewer, you'd have to be kill?
>>
>>61250397
if that were the case /mu/ would be all over Marcel.
>>
>>61250397
Does this guy actually have reviews? I went to his website once, and for every band/artist I click on, there's like 2 paragraphs written in Italian summarizing vague thoughts on their entire discography. While everything seems to get a rating, some albums aren't even mentioned in the write-up, while others get a sentence or two at most. It's the most worthless album review website I've come across. Maybe that's the meme, I guess.
>>
>>61250600
don't forget the website is ugly as fuck and looks the first website ever
>>
>>61250611
>looks the first website ever
that's ironically true, not even kidding
well not the first but one of the first ever
>>
>>61250600
shut down that thing its useless
>>
>>61250600
scruffles is better approached as a big-view of (rock) music rather than an intimate portraitist of artists
>>
>>61250611
Its simple, easy to navigate, and uses very little resources. Its great.
>>
>>61250600
actually he usually writes pretty extensively about albums or artists he considers to be seminal.
>>
>>61252395
this,
>>61250397
and he actually has written very thoughtful celebrations of plenty of acclaimed artists and pieces of music, like the Stones, Springsteen, the Beatles, Zappa, the Doors, Tom Waits, Pink Floyd, the Grateful Dead, King Crimson, etc. etc. etc. etc.
>>
>>61250600
Did you even read any of the reviews? Obviously, some of the bands he touches on more than others. But he writes very extensively on many bands. Look at any of the bands in his top 10 albums
>>
>>61250397
He's not interesting to read because he doesn't hold any strong opinions. Almost all of his albums fall between the 4 - 7 mark so his reviews range from "meh" to "okay"
Fuck even his number one album of all time is only a 9.5/10.
>>
>>61250397
or make a positive review of a bad album
>Fantano
>>
The reason why people talk about him is because he probably give your favourite album a 6/10
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.