[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the Trout Mask Replica of hip-hop?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: SpeedingBullet2Heaven.jpg (77 KB, 640x259) Image search: [Google]
SpeedingBullet2Heaven.jpg
77 KB, 640x259
Is this the Trout Mask Replica of hip-hop?
>>
Listened to 2 songs and thought it was great. Why is it getting so much shit? Fantano?
>>
>>61250418
Listen to the whole album family
>>
>>61250418
yeah, I heard it and it was definitely not good but pantano gave it a 0 so drones echo the sentiment
>>
I unironically think that yes, it is
>>
>>61250418
whole album is nothing short of amazing, sadl most people dont get it but yea i think fantano kicked it off
>>
>>61250968
>sadl most people dont get it
what's there to get? please explain
>>
>>61251797
he's just meming and sporking don't listen to him
>>
Yeah man, this shits deep, you gotta be racist to think otherwise.

Almost as good as Staind and Limp Biskit really.
>>
Nah it's more like the Kids of Widney High of hip hop.
>>
>>61253077
>Kids of Widney High
funnily enough, there's a song on Indicud that references one of their songs
>>
>>61250313
For that to be true OP, it would have to be hip hop in the first place.
>>
>>61253248
hmm thats crazy because eI feel like this could be a track on the new album.

Maybe he's trying to sound like a retard?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUDgcnhGvz8
>>
>>61250313
It's like the modern day equivalent to Pinkerton

Everybody collectively thought it was dogshit but in a decade or so it will be hailed as a masterpiece and everybody will jizz themselves over it. Just watch.
>>
>>61254039
They really won't.
>Repetitive songs that have less progression than minimal techno
>Awful instrumentation
>Terrible vocals
>Incredibly long

What will people in the future find appealing about this?
>>
>>61254691
One more thing.
I honestly spent like 5-6 years of my life like 12-18 years old listening to old punk records. I have a taste for what he was trying to do here. It is honestly complete shit.
>>
so what are the best songs off the album, for me it would be Fuchsia Butterflies, Embers, and the album name
>>
a friend of mine who was a big cudi fan let me know about this so i checked it out

he could not try less on the vocals
>>
ik this is bait just gotta give my 3 cents

It's not like the Shaggs at all and definitely not TMR. Everything about it is just screams "I really, really, really like Nirvana"; just bc it fails at this in a strange and unprecedented way doesn't make it deep. Genuinely an album anyone over the age of 9 could make. It's not 0/10 though; Cudi's singing is sort of interesting and I guess several tracks are genuinely punk-y
>>
what the hell is this it is nothing what i expected
>>
>>61250313
yea, they're both shit
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.