[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who is the most respected post-rock band?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 1408848663934.png (299 KB, 592x594) Image search: [Google]
1408848663934.png
299 KB, 592x594
who is the most respected post-rock band?
>>
By cumulative praise, or how little negative feedback they get? I see plenty of dislike for Slint on /mu/, whereas most post-rock I love never gets hate here (or even mentioned).

Anyways, Do Make Say Think.
>>
Talk Talk obviously
>>
Talk Talk.
>>
gastr del soul
>>
eits
>>
godspeed you black nigger
>>
>>61235618
>Do Make Say Think
i'm going to listen to them right now just for you anon. what album?

Also, Tortoise is like never bashed by anyone really
>>
>>61235618
it's the inevitable backlash that comes with being popular, specifically with the 'mamma mia' meme
they were very well respected before that

also, talk talk, bark psychosis, and disco inferno are also generally well-liked
>>
>>61235728
What is the mamma mia meme? Did they say this during Tweez or Spiderland? I never got it
>>
>>61235721
Winter Hymn Country Hymn Secret Hymn
>>
>>61235748
there was a slint thread and one of the replies was
>liking flint
mamma mia

it caught on for some reason
>>
>>61235751
this is nice

kinda like a blend between Godspeed You's horn section and Tortoise on TNT

nice nice nice
>>
>>61235721
Goodbye Enemy Airship The Landlord Is Dead

I'm not even a fan of their type of post-rock typically but I love this album
>>
>>61235618
i see plenty of dislike but a lot of it isnt justified
>>
>>61235618
>Anyways, Do Make Say Think.
slash thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCZ8gf3A8Qk
>>
>>61235898
How about this: some of their music sounds like 15 year old kids whose parents bought them guitars and just learnt one chord playing shittily in a garage. On the other hand, some of it's okay, actually.
>>
Either GYBE or DMST
>>
>>61236093
i dont know how u could get that from this album. all of them were very skilled musicians and they spent the months leading up to their studio session practicing nonstop. the result is one of the most tight albums I've ever heard and not one not is unintentional. the actual chord progressions are simple but only because they are meant to work hand in hand with the story being painted in the lyrics
>>
>>61235751
& yet &yet is by far the superior album
>>
>>61235970
thank you
>>
>>61236675
all of them were skilled musicians but the lyrics were an afterthought
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.