[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just listened to this for the first time, holy shit what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: homepage_large.140bf2a7.jpg (107 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.140bf2a7.jpg
107 KB, 319x319
So I just listened to this for the first time, holy shit what a great album. What the fuck happened in Currents? It's not even near as good
>>
>>61234088
exactly
>>
>>61234088
I loved Lonerism but honestly I just thought Currents was disapointing, not bad but disapointing.
>btw nice dubs
>>
Lonerism is good, and so is Innerspeaker, but Currents is a masterpiece despite what /mu/ thinks.
>>
does this make sense

60s - Innerspeaker
70s - Lonerism
80s - Currents
>>
I imagine it went something like this

"Kevin you are the frontman of the biggest band in the world right now. We will continue to pump millions of dollars of promotion and studio costs to you but only if we can guarantee a return on our investment. That guitar stuff is not what the market is looking for in 2015. We think you need to diversify your target market, make your music more appealing to a bigger variety of people. That may mean filing down some of the rougher edges and generally taking less chances. Judging by our calculations X style appears to be on the rise..."
>>
>>61234212
The first half is honestly pretty great, and had the quality kept up it would have perhaps been his best, but the second half is really mediocre and at parts flat-out bad.
>>
tame impala is too mainstream desu
>>
>>61234268
It is a little front-loaded, but then again most albums are. I think the second half is still pretty good even if it gets a little boring in some spots.
>>
>>61234088
great production, songwriting and instrumentation, but not really that great an album.
it kinda feels like a stretched EP or an unfinished album
some tracks are bad like the piano ballad closer, some feel like straight up filler like mind mischief

>>61234220
yeah it makes sense, you're retarded
>>
File: 1425876032205.jpg (42 KB, 380x358) Image search: [Google]
1425876032205.jpg
42 KB, 380x358
>>61234088
>neo-/mu/ will defend this album
>>
>>61234261
I'm sure this is exactly how it went down!
God damn jews!!!
>>
>>61234088
A gorgeous album indeed. I fucking love how it flows so well, it's like falling asleep and dreaming and then waking up, or the fall of a sleepless night with a wandering mind, staying up til morning. Those bass lines are quality-ass shit, and all the textures on the guitar and the synth/keys are amazing. Vocals are great too. Perhaps my favorite album. Currents had its high points, but I agree, not my favorite. I hope that whatever he does leans toward the EP or the first two albums
>>
>>61234212
anything with past life and cause im a man on it is not a "masterpiece"
>>
>>61234088
Check out Innerspeaker too for more of a guitar driven sound. Kevin will never top Runway, Houses, City, Clouds
>>
>>61235121
wait do people not enjoy cause I'm a man? i really enjoyed it
>>
am i the only one that thinks they have really fucking mundane lyrics for their sound? i keep trying to get into it but it's just not emotional to me
>>
>>61237002
I forgot about that one, just re-listened to it. Definitely a good track, well-arranged. Just the album as a whole is lacking something imo, which is a horrible thing to say, no specific at all. Just can't quite put my finger on it. Still good, just not great
>>
>>61237053
kevin's weakness has always been his lyrics
>>
>>61237416
His godly production makes up for it. Lyrics are irrelevant when listening to music.
>>
>>61237725
top kek
>>
>>61237725
I wouldn't say they're irrelevant
>>
>>61237741
I'd rather listen to acapella if I wanted to listen to music for lyrics. Kevin's production is full of catchy melodies and is precise as to how each instrument sounds.
>>
>>61234268
it was my aoty for a while but yeah, after a while i realized that the incredibly strong first half just convinced me that i loved the second half as well
>>
>>61234220
youtube tier comment
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.