[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any musical artist of any type who can live up to M
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
Is there any musical artist of any type who can live up to Max Martin's level of productivity and consistency?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Martin_production_discography

>Baby One More Time
>I Want It That Way
>Oops I Did It Again
>Since U Been Gone
>I Kissed A Girl
>Teenage Dream
>Domino
>We Are Never Ever Ever Getting Back Together
>Bad Blood

The guy has basically BEEN the sound of pop music for 15+ years. Is there any equivalent in other genres? And why are Swedish people so GOAT at guilty pleasure pop songs?
>>
Lennon/McCartney
>>
>>61228574
nobody cares about this ugly mothafucker
>>
>>61228588
He will catch up to them and pass them soon enough
>>61228594
He's everything. He's modern sound. You're nothing but a negative post on the internet that will be forgotten into the dark space of time. Think before you speak,
>>
>>61228633
he's ugly that's why he needs to have ppl do his dirty work for him
his band sucked ass
>>
>>61228588
They didn't last as long though
>>
>>61228574
>Is there any equivalent in other genres?
the Brewis brothers have been a massive part of the northern England indie scene since 2000 and have pretty much defined the sound of the bands coming out of that region from 2010 onwards. They're not commercially successful but they're musicians musicians and get name-dropped in interviews by younger bands very often. A band they've either produced or played a founding role in is in session on Radio 6 pretty much every month. Examples of bands they've been involved with in a vital role include The Futureheads, Maximo Park and Dutch Uncles.
>>
File: steve-albini-012.jpg (514 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
steve-albini-012.jpg
514 KB, 960x1280
>producer
>actively interfering with artists' vision

Disgusting
>>
>>61228574
maybe if he did toxic I would care
>>
>>61228703
He writes the songs too, its his vision just them singing which is what makes it so fascinating to me.

Weird to think that most iconic pop music of my lifetime has just been this random Swedish guy's work
>>
>>61228718
that was a different Swedish songwriting group

it's always Swedes
>>
Max Martin hate will not be tolerated.

>>61228588
No! Actually Geroge Martin made Beatles!

>>61228574
Rick Rubin, Pharrell Williams, Timbaland.

>>61228703

While the stories about DGC shelving the album were untrue, the band actually was unhappy with certain aspects of Albini's mixes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nirvana_(band)#Songwriting_and_lyrics
>>
Longtime R.E.M. producer Scott Litt was called in to help remix those two songs, with Cobain adding additional instrumentation and backing vocals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nirvana_(band)#Songwriting_and_lyrics
>>
StarSmith is also up there.

And Diplo, that guy has his finger in so many pies it's unreal, he must be busy as fuck
>>
>Martin Karl Sandberg (born February 26, 1971), known professionally as Max Martin,
>Sandberg

Is it any wonder?
>>
>>61228574
>The guy has basically BEEN the sound of pop music for 15+ years.
It should been written "THE sound"
>>
>>61228703
It's top 40 garbage, what did you expect anyway?
>>61228778
>Rick Rubin, Pharrell Williams, Timbaland.
Yeah these too. I see them pop up on a lot of artists production notes.
>>
>>61229015
Diplo's a good shout. Even before his recent glut of success, he's always been a lowkey tastemaker
>>
>>61229059
>le original jew joke is so le funny xD
off yourself to be honest
>>
I always find the unusual ones interesting, like how Rob Swire from Pendulum worked on Rihanna's "Rude Boy".

I wonder how that kind of phone call goes
>>
>>61229338
Might be out of the ordinary, but business as usual really.
>>
>>61228718
>>61228747
the two Swedish non-singers from Miike Snow, iirc
>>
>>61229128

It must be weird, knowing you could be famous easily but holding back. Or these artists like Sub Focus and DJ Fresh who spend years in the relative underground, then all of a sudden get Ellie Goulding or Rita Ora to feature on a top 40 track for them.
>>
>>61229419
Diplo's had quite a weird career trajectory really. He went from this DJ Shadow lite trip hop producer to global hipster DJ to 'the guy who made Paper Planes' to EDM posterboy to top 40 phenom.
>>
diplo used to claim he produced all of mia's first album because she broke up with him. what a beta
>>
>>61229419
remaining in the background ensures more consistent work. going on your own brings a lot of other variables into play and if you were to fail that would leave a bad taste in people's mouths.
>>
>>61229537
everyone still believes he produced her whole discography
>>
File: manfred is disappointed in you.jpg (396 KB, 1603x1281) Image search: [Google]
manfred is disappointed in you.jpg
396 KB, 1603x1281
>>61228574
>>61228633
None of Max's hits are important outside of the bottom line.
>>61228703
>artists
>not interfering with the artists' visions

Pleb.
>>
max martin is just a side project of aphex twin
>>
>>61228718
Toxic is shit anyway

Of Britney's singles, Toxic is her third worst after Radar (hey again, Bloodshy & Avant!) and Pretty Girls
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.