[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Beatles are finally on Spotify why do people care tho? They
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
File: spotify.png (2 MB, 1471x1174) Image search: [Google]
spotify.png
2 MB, 1471x1174
The Beatles are finally on Spotify

why do people care tho? They are overrated, their best songs are George's songs
>>
Is George on too? I thought there had to be some kind of agreement between the members/widows.
>>
>>61227810
Yeah George is on there too
>>
>>61227727
All streaming services are inherently bad
>>
>spotify
Who gives a shit?
>>
>>61227727
please tell me all the tracks don't have (Remastered) in the title
>>
>>61227860
They have
>>
>>61227860
this is a last.fm autist's worst nightmare

good thing nobody uses last.fm anymore lmao
>>
>pleb
McCartney
>contrarian
Lennon
>Patrician
Harrison
Ringo
>>
>>61227859
Anyone who thinks freely and unlimited listening to a large database of music for 10 dollars a month instead of having to buy every release individually or being stuck to YouTube, is not that bad of a deal.
>>
>>61227929
nice b7+1, now talking seriously

McCartney > Lennon > Harrison > Starr
>>
>>61228003
pleb spotted
>>
>>61228003
This is correct. Only McCartney/Lennon are interchangeable, otherwise you're a contrarian
>>
>>61227994
>implying i cant just download any release I want on what.cd or soulseek
Lmao, check out this spotify shill
>>
>>61228064
At least you're being straight forward about being an asshole pirate.
>>
>>61228278
Not really pirating desu, because spotify dont give shit to artists
Why should I support greedy label companies?
>>
>>61228318
>Not really pirating
You download from What.cd and Soulseek. Don't lie, that is piracy. You are downloading illegally distributed music for free. Don't lie.

>because spotify dont give shit to artists
Wrong, although not entirely. The revenue that Spotify generates is not as huge as when a release is purchased, but it still generates decent revenue. An artist I am involved in managing on Spotify has made about 30 dollars since March while no one really listens to them at all.

This link explains it all:
http://www.spotifyartists.com/spotify-explained/

And even if they hardly give any money to artists, wouldn't Spotify be a better alternative for musical promotion than just grabbing an album without paying for it. I've discovered a lot of music through Spotify and have bought at least 20 releases from there, with a big wishlist. In that regard, Spotify actually is generating extra money.
>>
Chill senpai its Paul/John/George > Ringo and everyone else is wrong if its not this
>>
>>61228492
Not that anon but Spotify doesn't give a shit about artists. 30 bucks in almost a year? Pff. They just care about making money for themselves and pleasing sheeple users.

And piracy is as good as a promotion tool as Spotify, I wouldn't know my favorite artists if it wasn't for it.
>>
>>61228492
>An artist I am involved in managing on Spotify
oh jesus you're some music industry shill idiot who doesn't understand how terrible you are
>>
>>61228581
I guess you actually read over the "has nearly no listeners" part. Piracy is a good tool for promotion, but you are still stealing.
>>61228610
Well, throw a convincing argument at me instead of calling me terrible and a 'shill.'

Both of you: I want proof of Spotify being oh so terrible, else I am not buying it of course.
>>
Rubber Soul and Revolver are the only good Beatles albums
>>
>>61228686
The point's not the listeners, it's that Spotify makes massive ammounts of cash while giving away ridiculous quantities to the artists, when they are the ones with the ideas, without them the industry would be nothing and they still treat them like shit or like something expendable.

The Spotify ads are literally Spotify telling you to buy Spotify.
>>
File: feel fuy eyes closed.gif (8 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
feel fuy eyes closed.gif
8 KB, 645x773
>>61227727
>tfw i the reason on why you have Spotify was to check out the new kid cudi album
i wish some things were really b8
>>
>>61228740
While Spotify is not ideal, the compensation the artists receive is still fairer than nothing. And of course a company would want you to buy their product and them advertising their own product to a free user is in their importance; free users generate less money than premium users.

Again, some solid proof of underpayment of artists would be nice here.
>>
>>61227727

If you ask me, the fact that they're considered the greatest/most influential band of all time just shows how far rock music still has to go before it becomes a serious art form. Consider the difference between rock critics and classical or jazz critics. Classical critics listen to lots of classical music of centuries past, and they rate geniuses like Beethoven over composers who were more popular in the European courts of the time. Jazz critics consider Ellington and Coltrane the GOAT jazz artists (even though they weren't the most rich and famous), and they grew up listening to lots of jazz music from decades past. By comparison, rock critics barely know about rock music of the past, they only listen to the best sellers. When you look at it that way, it's really now wonder they think the Beatles' music is anything worthy of being saved.
>>
George wrote the greatest song of all time.

-> While my guitar gently weeps
>>
>>61228933

ebin
>>
>>61228920
See? That's the issue with music industry
>the compensation the artists receive is still fairer than nothing
They think that by giving the artists at least a bit of money they're good to go, abusing the fact that the artists will do music anyway because that's what they love to do. It's disgusting.

And while I'm sure you can Google all about Spotify underpaying they artist, I like this graph myself:
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/apr/03/how-much-musicians-make-spotify-itunes-youtube
>>
>>61229139
Alright, fair enough. You make a point and it pleases me to see an updated version of that graph.

Being an artist in this day and age is hard. That's more or less the reason why I still buy music (owner of 165 albums here and increasing every month.) But hey, with a crapton of pirates out there who don't even buy music, every Spotify listener is at least something, sad but true.
>>
>>61229403
>owner of 165 albums like that's a fucking huge number
>crapton
>le baby steps meme

oh god, please gb2reddit this is just really embarrassing for you
>>
>>61227727
https://factorysunburst.wordpress.com/2014/08/31/piero-scaruffi-and-truth/
>>
>>61229403
Just think this way about piracy: if someone who wants to pirate an album, can't find it, he WON'T by any means buy it, so it's not a loss for the artist. But it's still good promotion for him.

And yeah that mentality of "at least is better than nothing" from Spotify and the big labels is sickening, hopefully it will change soon. I know it's virtually impossible for an artist to get obscenely rich nowadays, but what most of them want is just to earn a proper living by doing what they love, and I think it's the fairest thing in the world, after all, everyone needs music.
>>
>>61229441
>using reddit as an insult
>>>/trash/
>>
WHY ARE YOU GUYS FIGHTING?! WHY CAN'T WE ALL BE FRIENDS? :(
>>
>>61229441
>complains about memes
>uses gb2reddit meme
Just fucking stop.
>>61229480
Yeah, in that specific situation, I can get behind it. Guilty of that myself. The mentality is indeed sickening, I agree. An artist should definitely be able to make a living doing what they love, because they are doing the world a favor by enrichening people's lives. But alas, that is not always possible, especially with the current state of things. It's a sad reality, really.
>>
>>61229591
Eh, it's a fucked up world all around, it's up to us to make it better.
Glad to have a civil conversation, too, it's a rare thing here nowadays.
>>
>>61229723
Cheers, my pleasure. It's always been a bit of a rare thing on /mu/. Been here since 2010 and can't say it's ever been much different.

I'm off to bed, good luck anon and happy holidays.
>>
>>61228064
>>61228318
Lmao check out this teenage NEET
>>
>>61228945
Not even the best George song on the White Album
>>
>>61229785
That's true enough haha. Same to you anon, good night and merry days.
>>
File: 1252480123_george_harrison.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1252480123_george_harrison.gif
1 MB, 320x240
Lel. I think the Beatles are not a reason to fight. Search in there musicography and see. Paul had some great stuff and George too. Lennon is dead. Ringo made give or six good songs and they're really good. They re all made good songs .
>>
>>61229852
P....Piggies?
>>
>>61228003
switch Harrison with Lennon and yeah
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.