[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how underrated earl sweatshirt's ep 'solace' actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: homepage_large.b6151a96.jpg (2 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.b6151a96.jpg
2 KB, 319x319
First of all i think that this ep is full with amazing production by earl himself. It's really lo-fi and grimey just like his album IDLSIDGO. But this ep over here was just crazy. When he talks about his grandmother i kinda got emotional and got me thinking about the old days with my grandmother. Earl makes the sort of music that is kinda in touch with your emotion and he does this so well that it's going to make you think about earl his life. He tells you how it is and he directs you into the music and it's this feeling i get that i just can't explain. For all the people out there please listen to IDLSIDGO first and then go listen to 'solace'. It will not be dissapoiting i swear!
>>
File: earl.jpg (48 KB, 658x401) Image search: [Google]
earl.jpg
48 KB, 658x401
>>61227291
Solace was my favorite song of the year. It was much more experimental than IDLSIDGO, and the lyrics were more touching as well. It seems very inspired from Lil Ugly Mane, specifically Uneven Compromise.

As for how underrated it is, it got some attention when it was released, but didn't get to much mention afterwards. However, looking at Fantanos favorite EP's from 2015, it's obvious more people will like it.
>>
F_A_N
T_A_N
O ) ) ) )
>>
It was so criminally underrated. It was the best thing Earl had put out.
Also, has anybody noticed hip hop has gotten much more depressing? With Earl now, Oblivion Access, and On GP, things have kinda gotten darker.
>>
>>61227291
Fuck off, earl.
>>
>>61227702
W0W 3 "sad" ALBUMS AND U THINK ITS depressing
lmao
learn what real depression is kid. very disrespectful
>>
>>61227736
One was a single, not an album
Depression isn't even real either :)
>>
>>61227291
/mu/ likes the unfinished shitty quality release from Earl? what a surprise! you people are the same ones who say Eminems Infinite is his best work. fuckoff contrarian hipster faggots.
>>
>>61227291
The last instrumental is the best thing Earl has done so far.(aside from some tracks on Doris)
I would like to hear what his next album will sound like but I can't never trust him on releasing a project that meets expectations.
>>
File: best.gif (2 MB, 152x148) Image search: [Google]
best.gif
2 MB, 152x148
>>61227794
>>61227736
>>
did he even announce it? I just heard of it because of fantano.
>>
there's lots of music like this being made atm but it's not by meme rappers so none of you care
>>
>>61228124
Give us examples pls
>>
>>61228124
Like?
>>
>>61227291
amazing coincidence you brought this up right after fantano did. For real though, I'm confused why he didn't put it on the album. Maybe he intended to, I mean the album was only like 30 minutes.
>>
>>61228075
He posted it on his twitter
>>
does anyone have a dl link for doris? all of the links on the archive are dead
>>
>>61228757
solace was a spur of the moment thing he made when he was going through a change in his life. he didnt want to put it on the album, its supposed to be seen as a single piece
>>
>>61227291
Hey anon, I watched the last Fantano video, too!
>>
>all these fags discovering Solace from Fantano.

Fucking dorks.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.