[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well /mu/? Is it on your Jazz list?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
File: 1450353129459.png (214 KB, 638x316) Image search: [Google]
1450353129459.png
214 KB, 638x316
Well /mu/? Is it on your Jazz list?
>>
I disqualified it for taking 5 years to record

I'd allow it in contention for aotd but not year
>>
le kek le epic le viral marketing!!!
>>
>>61220398
No.
>>
File: 12years.jpg (86 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
12years.jpg
86 KB, 1280x720
>>61220413

it took 5 years to make?
>>
>If the one jazz album I listened to this year isn't on your jazz list you don't have a jazz list

Good work Anthony
>>
>>61220428
>redditmedia

Couldn't expect anything better
>>
>>61220428
yep, 5 years in the studio although I dont exactly have an itinerary but it was over a 5 year time span and since its a triple cd album I guess its a fair assumption.

which again is fine but not for my aoty
>>
So I'm kinda new here but are you guys worshipping this idiot or is it him literally forcing himself all day ?

I watched half a vid of him but he's also always posting comments on /pol/ youtubers.
>>
>>61220479
I'm trying to remind people that he doesn't know shit.
>>
>>61220479
I'm pretty sure he spams his shit here and defends himself in threads

incidentally The Epic has also been spammed nonstop by viral marketers this year. It's been quite a successful campaign, probably because everything about the album is marketed to appeal to 15-18 year old hip hop fans - so the vast majority of /mu/'s users
>>
>>61220556

>I'm pretty sure he spams his shit here and defends himself in threads

I wouldn't be suprised.
>>
>>61220556

T b h i don't like hip-hop and found The epic okay ( treated as three separated records )

I'm concerned because i can't decide if i'm just too much of a beginner in jazz ( and i thought i wasn't anymore ) or if jazz people are being contrarian because of the viral marketing
>>
>>61220398
Can you stop viraling yourself you dumb kike white nigger.
>>
>>61220398
le epic
>>
>>61221145
>I'm concerned because i can't decide if i'm just too much of a beginner in jazz ( and i thought i wasn't anymore ) or if jazz people are being contrarian because of the viral marketing

Consider the possibility that it could be a combination of the two. How many post-2000 jazz albums have you heard?
>>
>>61221343

Not much, probably a handful
There's so much to listen to in the classics
>>
>>61220398
I had to rank it just above Jon Benjamin's jazz album that came out on Sub Pop™
>>
>>61220413
>aotd but not aoty
literal retard
>>
>>61220413
>citation missing
It took a month to record
http://youtu.be/0YbPSIXQ4q4
>intro
>>
>name album "The Epic"
>it's actually bland, middle-of-the-road jazz
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>61222030
epic refers to length, not potency.
>>
>>61222055
Oh.
>>
>liking jazz

Avante teenager's final form
>>
>>61222065
common mistake. blame the internet.
>>
>>61222071

>not liking jazz
why are you doing there
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llPQnwDAIVU&list=PLQDJ4hGlogszpibutnVoypiKWYrTHIKfk

this is good jazz, not that drawn out bullshit that is The Epic!!
>>
>>61221963
>http://youtu.be/0YbPSIXQ4q4
>That awful trumpet solo around 32:00 on change of the guard
Wow kick that man
>>
>>61222153
>actually knowing individual songs off that album
>>
>>61222161
>knowing about something that you are talking about is a bad thing
You dunce
>>
>>61222161

It was wroten at the beginning
>>
>>61222172
>proud about being knowledgeable about shit
>>
>>61222071
Jazz is objectively the best music genre. It's on par with classical music on complexity but is fresher, smoother, freer and rawer, and takes musical cues from all over Africa, Europe, America and even Asia in some cases.
>>
>>61222191

You can't say something is shit before knowing it

>inb4 copypasta
>>
>this balding loser trying to talk about jazz
He should stick to memerap
>>
>>61222192
why even bother answering, all you did here was sounding like a douche being salty about people enjoying what they want
>>
>>61222197
Yes, I can.
>>
>>61222209
Funny how this applies perfectly to the post I replied to.
>>
>>61222192

Yeah, on paper, jazz sounds pretty impressive. In practice 99.9% of it is so boring and bland not to mention the vast amount of pretention it gives off
>>
>>61222281
so are posts like this
>>
No, but I don't have a jazz list.
>>
>>61222303

You dont understand what pretentious means
>>
>>61222350
and you don't understand life, kiddo :^)
>>
>>61222281
>Boring
>Pretentious

Not legitimate criticisms.

>Bland

Sure makes sense to call a genre that takes cues from traditional African music, European classical music, brass bands and quadrilles, African-American ragtime, blues, gospel and R&B, Latin biguine, tango and samba and even from Eastern music (in the case of modal jazz) "bland". Sure makes sense to call a genre that spawned subgenres as diverse as big band, hard bop, cool jazz, bossa nova, free jazz and jazz fusion "bland."
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.