[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you use Spotify (or services like it)? I'm trying to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: unnamed.png (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
17 KB, 300x300
Do you use Spotify (or services like it)? I'm trying to figure out how it should be used. I'm thinking because I don't have unlimited data on my phone, I could use the offline play feature to find and keep songs that I like, and download them to my actual sd card later if I like them enough. Does anyone else use it in this way? Like a sort of music discovery app? I feel like using it as another library would trigger my autism because I'd have half my music in a different place.
>>
>>61218991
no unlimited data? lmao fuccnigga

But whatever: listen to music on Spotify, then buy it or pirate it or delete it from Spotify.
>>
>>61219265
Yep, welcome to Vancouver Island. 15gb of data for 100 bucks, gud deal i promis
>>
>>61218991
youtube
>>
I use it religiously, especially for finding new music.

I used to use the phone app a lot more when I got the bus to work. The offline feature is useful as hell as it works on a by-playlist basis, and I just add an album as a playlist (I still don't understand why most people don't do this).

I do have half my music there though and the other half on iTunes. Hasn't really been a problem for me though I find I'm neglecting my iTunes library a lot more.

/mu/ tends to hate on Spotify and streaming services in general but they're about the most useful possible tool for finding new music. Especially if you have Premium.
>>
>>61219603
try youtube
>>
>>61219609
doesn't scrobble though senpai or I would
>>
Had premium for a year now, not regretted a single day so far. These days I only download the albums not on there.
>>
File: image.png (306 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
306 KB, 640x1136
>>61219603
you know you can save and download albums without making playlists on Spotify? It's how I "collect" all my music
>>
>>61219603
>>61219635
>>61219646
The only thing really stopping me from switching to spotify completely is the offline song limit I've heard of. Can you really only have 3k songs downloaded? Oh and also switching all my sd card music over would be fucking annoying.
>>
>>61219635
Spotify should drop its ONLY STREAMING DUUUUUH schtick and enable people to upload their own mp3s in a locker to listen to from the app and intgrate it into their library (Your Music). Google Play Music has it, Apple music has it, jesus Spotify step the fuck up
>>
>>61219710
You've been able to do that for quite some time now. I'm not sure if you're talking about something slightly different but you can definitely import music from your PC and listen to it through Spotify,

>>61219646
Yeah I've had a little look at that feature and meant to get into it, but I've got so much music on there now that I'd have to go through and save everything again just to make it work properly, and honestly I'm pretty fine with how it all is now
>>
what's the advantage of spotify over downloading music purely from the consumer's pov tho?
>>
>>61220095
>Search for artist you like
>See related artists
>Immediately play and save their music for use whenever you need

That's what I like about it. It's just really easy to find music to listen to, and helps in getting into new bands.
>>
File: spotify stats.png (44 KB, 838x740) Image search: [Google]
spotify stats.png
44 KB, 838x740
>>61218991
Yes, for three years.
>>
>>61220202
happy 16th birthday
>>
>>61220095
I can effortlessly download any album on a whim. Every morning I have to get on public transportation for ~1hr, so before I leave my house I almost always download a new album on my phone. It's a very easy way to get a hold of my music, I wouldn't listen to half the shit I do if I had to download it and put it on there.
>>
>>61220235
I'm 19.
I'm very grown-up.
>>
this is how you get music, don't waste your money op

>connect an audio cable from the headphone jack to the microphone jack
>look up songs on youtube
>record in audacity
don't use youtube to mp3, its lower quality because of the video to audio transcoding
>>
>>61220540
>birthday ends in 'teen'
>i'm very grown up
>>
>>61220567
People listen to crap. I listen to best music.
>>
>>61220540
cringed
>>
>>61220600
tbf bullet for my valentine are the most innovative and unique band of the last decade imo
>>
I use Spotify for most of my music listening
I have the music I am most interested in right now in offline playlists on my phone
And if I really want to listen to something I haven't saved when out and about, then I will stream it.
If something can't be found through spotify that I really want then I will d/l it, then I can add it to a playlist that is offline on the phone and it'll get synced there as well.
>>
>>61220551
This just reminded me of that time when I was about 13 and thought if I recorded an MCR music video with my 1mp webcam and uploaded it to YouTube I would get millions of views.

I was such a smart kid
>>
>>61219603
YouTube, RYM, Discogs, the list could go on...
>>
I use it all the time for the convenience. As a jazz fan it has made a huge difference in how easy it is to sample and discover classic jazz album.

In general I make playlists monthly with stuff I'm listening to and offline those and individual albums on my phone - much easier I think than dealing with an iPod and iTunes that I used to do.
>>
>>61221010
but they don't scrobble laddie boy
>>
>>61221010
youtube is shit for music on mobile and RYM and Discogs take like ten more steps than typing Hyper Potions into Spotify and pressing "play radio"
>>
>>61219577
>tfw I pay 12 dollars a month and get unlimited data at 21 megs a second, 300 minutes and 100 texts
>>
>>61221653
>100 texts
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.