[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is this album eminems least popular and worst received album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: Relapse_(album).jpg (47 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Relapse_(album).jpg
47 KB, 300x300
why is this album eminems least popular and worst received album?
>>
because it's the musical equivalent of a manchild posting edgy rants on the internet
>>
>>61218408
but most of the album is story telling and made up scenarios
>>
Because it's experimental and different and his fans didn't want that at the time.

Later on though, more people realized it's underrated, has dope production and storytelling and some of his best flows ever.

Good album, was overhated IMO. I like the cover too. It's dark and not for everyone but I like it as a concept album about a serial killer addict, the skits are cool too.
>>
>>61218425

good post. i also like it cuz it was the last album where you can tell he made what he wanted and didnt give a fuck, unlike his later music.

last good album by him, production by dre is quite smooth too. if you can get past the accent, i def recommend it. very different.
>>
Because he personally said in some song that the album was bad or something. Overall the album is good, not as good as his releases before Encore, but it is a solid release. Recovery is when his material really went bad.
>>
>>61218455
OP here i have heard recovery it was long boring with bad hooks
>>
>>61218455

/thread

Although I will say to be fair, Recovery/MMLP2 both have a few good songs (Going Through Changes, Talkin 2 Myself, So Bad, Untitled from Recovery and Bad Guy, Evil Twin, Rhyme or Reason, and Love Game from MMLP2) but overall yes, they're meh. I'm hoping he comes back with one more dope album that'll blow us away. *fingers crossed that he wont have any singers on any hooks*
>>
>>61218480
rap god is good too would have been better if the fast part wasnt clearly edited together from several takes
>>
>>61218494

True, and a few others (Berzerk, Brainless and even Legacy) are decent too but overall I just want something new from him and hopefully better production.
>>
>>61218533
i dont know if he did something new something i think i want to see is a collaboration with watkins tudor jones of some kind not ninja but watkins himself but i think Eminem has officially retired finally and honestly after the shit he put himself through he deserves it
>>
>>61218552

yeah well see, i think if he isnt done, he will be soon for sure. maybe 1-2 more albums max if were lucky.
>>
>>61218566
i just cant think of what else he could do really

and in MMLP2 does he defend ICP or am i just hearing it wrong? always been curious about this
>>
>>61218566
if we're lucky he'll never enter a recording studio again
>>
>>61218579

Nah, I think he just doesn't care at this point so he'll reference them sort of sarcastically but the beef has been dead for years. If anything, maybe just a nod. He does mention many people to be fair, even Tyler The Creator at one point.
>>
>>61218589
i dont know the line might have been more about how people picked on the magnets line so much and th3e way the internet lost their shit like it was the end of the world
>>
>>61218400
because its shit
>>
I don't know and I haven't listened to it because he's sucked for at least 10 years but damn that's a cool album cover.
Also
>least popular
Infinite sold only a couple thousand copies and never charted
>>
>>61218917

He has sucked for a while but it's worth a listen. His last good album IMO, a bit left field but very cool and good production and flow.

Deja Vu >>>>
>>
"During all that time when I was hooked on drugs, I was still keeping up with the hip-hop scene. I'd pop in a Kanye or Lil' Wayne CD and think 'Damn, these guys are blowing me away. I'm not doing anything like that anymore.'"
>>
>>61218972
lol he knew he'd lost it, yet he decided to come back and embarrass himself still further?
>>
>>61218400
My Mom is a sick tune. I love that beat so much.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.