[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is Joanna Newsom's music "normie music"? I need
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Joanna Newsom Official 2008 .jpg (473 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Joanna Newsom Official 2008 .jpg
473 KB, 1600x1200
is Joanna Newsom's music "normie music"?

I need to know
>>
it is now
>>
women are gonna be copying joanna newsom's style like crazy 5 years from now

just wait
>>
My mom is the person that introduced me to Newsom. She also likes: Eels, Iron & Wine, Andrew Bird, fucking every white guy with an acoustic guitar. You tell me if that's normie.
>>
>Married to le funny jewish guy
>music has appeared in commercials
>has been in a mainstream movie

She's normie af
>>
she sings like she has a down syndrome
>>
Most normies wouldn't be able to stand her voice
>>
>>61215389
Iron and wine is pretty normie tier but its great nonetheless
>>
Just outside of normie.
Normie is pop, hip hop, country, and R&B. Indie Folk is what people listen to just outside of normie stuff. Then it's tumblr music, then pitchfork-core, and then the rest.

If you mentioned indie folk artists to normies, I'd say maybe one out of every 10 people know it. More uncommon but definitely not rare.
>>
this chick, top tier waifu.
>>
>>61215473
ikr
>>
>mfw been a fan of Joanna's since 2006
>mfw my forever21-core white grill friends are now "omg anon do u know about Joanna Newsom"
>mfw black
>>
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 323x323) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 323x323
>>61215517
>having forever 21 white girl friends
>not being a real negus
>>
>>61215427
ya. put this on around my family. all they could talk about was the bad singing.

they just don't get it.
>>
>>61215330
>normie
kill urself.
>>
My friend described her music as something you'd hear out of a western.
>>
>>61215389
Be fucking glad your mom likes good music and doesn't listen to just pop garbage like most moms

Newsom, regardless of her popularity, is absolutely worth your time. That said, I wouldn't consider her "normie" music, whatever the hell that means
>>
>>61215330
It's music for people that are deaf.

Do you faggots really like listening to some chick sing like a baby? She's shit tier, honestly some of the worst vocals I have heard in my life. Musically it's great it's just her shit voice that ruins it all.

And yes, it is normie music. Only normies could enjoy music that is as shit as it is.
>>
>>61216526
Oh I am glad. She also likes Exuma and Stereolab, so I guess I'm kind of lucky.
>>
>>61216574
Gotcha, the way you said "every fucking white guy with an acoustic guitar" made it sound like you looked down upon her bc of it

My mom likes Bruno Mars and Coldplay so I'm jealous
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.