[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Al Jardine the most irrelevant member of the Beach Boys?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (328 KB, 1000x1199) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
328 KB, 1000x1199
>2nd worst singer after Denis
>only sings 2 songs
>played rhythm guitar
>not a Wilson or related to the Wilsons
>>
>dennis
>worst singer

Kid you fucked up. Mike is the worst singer. That trash tier nasal shit he does is iconic and all but it's awful technique and it makes the beach boys' early material sound dated as fuck.

Al is the most irrelevant overall tho, yeah. Not including the folks they pulled in for a couple of years in the 70s.
>>
Lookin at tomorrow is goat tho
>>
>>61204214
>Mike is the worst singer
Go back to youtube comment section.
>>
>>61204480
I'm a bigger fan of this band and know more about them than you, I guarantee it. Mike is not a good singer. His greatest service to the band was when Brian started writing low parts for him that other members couldn't sing and when he dropped his nasal bullshit. Then he was tolerable.
>>
what? Al is fantastic singer. his lead on Help me Rhonda is great. He also used to sing Heroes and Villains live.
>>
Al is based
He's the one who introduced Sloop John B to Brian
>>
>>61204049
Bruce Johnston was the "phantom Beach Boy", aka the most irrelevant.
>>
>>61204516
>i guarantee it
fuck off you supercilious cunt
>>
>>61204596
>implying

His contributions to their 70s output were utterly fantastic and he closely replicated Brian's iconic falsetto during live shows when Carl took lead. Bruce is and was based as fuck.
>>
>>61204657
You fuck off, you were the idiot who implied some arrogant shit by saying I belong in a YouTube comments section.
>>
>>61204742
that wasn't me
>>
>>61204782
Oh. My bad senpai.
>>
>>61204214
I second this. Have you even heard Al and Carl compared with Mike? He's the freeloader of the group.
>>
File: yeezy.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
yeezy.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
>>61204049
>dennis
>worst singer

Kill yourself

worst beach boys member is mike love.
>>
>>61204516
Mike Love main contributions to the band were his lyrics and hooks, and of course, his iconic voice (Surfin USA, California Girls, etc). Maybe you don't like him, but he was a key factor in the band's popularity.

>I'm a bigger fan of this band and know more about them than you
How can you be a big fan if you hate the man who sings Thats Not Me and All I Wanna Do?
>>
>>61205247
I literally acknowledged that his nasal shit is iconic, and the rest of what you said has nothing to do with his singing voice. All I Wanna Do is Mike singing in his not nasal voice and when he did that he was a good singer. Dennis was still a thousand times more soulful though, and watching him sing live is captivating. He wasn't that great of a singer in the 60s but hw actually improved as a vocalist in the 70s when the cigarettes fucked his voice inside and out making it gruff and raspy. Great contrast to the sweet boyish voice of Carl.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.