[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone notice how all the people who hate on RHCP are inferior
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: flea.jpg (3 MB, 2012x1724) Image search: [Google]
flea.jpg
3 MB, 2012x1724
Anyone notice how all the people who hate on RHCP are inferior musicians to them? Like Cick Cave. Sure he's and alright singer and songwriter, but could he seriously hold his own against the musicianship of Flea, John and Will Ferrel? Whenever I hear someone hate on RHCP, I take it as an indication that I am talking to someone who literally doesn't like music. Basically one of the many plebs that doesn't actually listen to what is being played, but instead only appreciate the superficial sentimental elements of music.
>>
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 500x714) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 500x714
False
>>
RHCP is a good example of good musicians playing bad music. That's why I don't like them.
>>
>>61202583
This t b h
>>
>>61202588
This.
Listening to Frusciante's solo work makes this immediately obvious.
>>
>>61202588
you mean fun music.

>>61202583
>>61202624
yeah right. Just watch them 'ironically' butcher RCHP tunes when they embarrassed themselves making fun of dead people that one time. They are mediocre wankers that don't even compare to the rhythmic tightness on melodic sensibility of RHCP
>>
>Like Cick Cave. Sure he's and alright singer and songwriter, but could he seriously hold his own against the musicianship of Flea, John and Will Ferrel?

He could and does. Regardless:
>Anyone notice how all the people who hate on RHCP are inferior musicians to them?
This is, hands-down, the worst argument for any artistic medium ever.

"So-and-so isn't that great. The music's kind of bland, their tone is generic, the production's poor, and their singer isn't my cup of tea."
>W-WELL COULD YOU PLAY IT?!

>Whenever I hear someone hate on RHCP, I take it as an indication that I am talking to someone who literally doesn't like music.

And whenever I hear someone loves RHCP, I take it as an indication that I am talking to someone who literally has no taste in music.
>>
>>61202670
>fun
Get out.
>>
>>61202550
>Will Ferrel

kek'd
>>
>>61202767

music was first created for tell histories and them to entertain shit, later to tell how people feel about their own shit..
So, whats the mater with entertainment music? Or are you this autistic to believe only the music you like is good?
>>
>>61202743
dumb nigger doesn't know a minor chord from a piece of string and thinks he can talk shit about a musician's work
>>
>>61202851
>music was first created for tell histories and them to entertain shit
[citation needed]
>>
File: one_hot_minute_cover.jpg (171 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
one_hot_minute_cover.jpg
171 KB, 800x800
Reminder that this is their best and most consistent album by a fairly wide margin.
>>
>>61202670
>'ironically' butcher RCHP tunes
We can argue about the quality of Mr. Bungle's work, but you simply cannot deny the talent of each individual member. Each are considered to be basically at the top of their respective instruments, and that's for good reason
>>
>>61202860
>>61202670
>>61202910
BAIT THREAD EVERYONE, ABANDON THREAD
>>
>>61202956
We all knew that from the OP.
>>
>>61202588
Like Dave Matthews Band!
>>
RHCP is literally the band of choice for someone who doesn't really care about music. Everyone has known this since middle school. Also they have one of the least technically skilled vocalists of any radio band.
>>
>>61202982
Yeah, or Phish, or any jam band really.
It's all bro-tier garabe.
>>
>>61203005
I was too busy fucking your sister in middle school to care about whether or not people liked RHCP.
>>
>>61202550
musicianship is useless it is put to good use, Nick Cave writes better songs.
Think about Dream Theater or any of these shitty prog metal bands
>>
>>61203017
With respect to jam bands I actually dig Papadosio. But, hey, I smoke weed so what do I know. Haha.
>>
>>61203020
You fucked a girl who was in middle school?
>>
>>61202550
I admire RHCP's musicianship and production a great deal, but their songwriting is extremely bland.
>>
>>61203178
In theory, there's nothing wrong with jam bands. Can was basically a jam band after all.
In practice, a lot of it sounds really limp.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.