[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you guys like this so much? I can't seem to get into it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1
File: clarence_clarity_-_no_now.jpg (873 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
clarence_clarity_-_no_now.jpg
873 KB, 1000x1000
Why do you guys like this so much? I can't seem to get into it
>>
it's the modern day capn beefart
>>
>>61191199
people attach themselves to this kind of stuff to seem like they get it and you don't...just let them jerk themselves off
>>
it's actually pretty groovy and easy listening if you get past the weird sound. it's smooth and poppy to the core.
>>
love a lot of the album art coming out of music these days, can't say the same for the music coming out of the albums unfortunately.
>>
>>61191199
because of fantano obviously
>>
It's the album I've always wished JT would make
>>
>>61191251
nobody pretends to like music. what you just said shows more about what you think of this music than what the people who listen to it do.

nobody thinks they are oh so enlightened listening to this, but apparently you think they are and now are angry about the fact that you don't like it even though it really doesn't matter.
>>
only album that gets worse once you "get" it.
>>
>>61191709
>nobody pretends to like music

not that guy but stopped reading there. whatever is after that sentence is you projecting, i can guarantee that
>>
>>61191251
>>61191709
rekt

>>61191776
i feel bad for you man. this album gets better the more i revisit it.

OP what don't you like about it? If you don't like songs like The Cute, Cancer In The Water, Those Who Cant Cheat, or Meadow Hopping then it probably isn't your thing.

Hoping he tours the US soon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKMM2kMlI9E
>>
>>61191199
it's like justin timberlake from another dimension
next level shit
>>
>>61191199
this album is sort of like if aliens intercepted radio signals from earth and tried to recreate top 40 pop and r&b tropes with no frame of reference for humankind or human emotions, and so the result is this uncanny garbled mess. it's an uncomfortable listen but so so worth it, quite a bit of filler though.
>>
>>61192883
shouldn't we detest top 40 pop though? regardless of aliens playing it?

yeah, it's fun i guess, but it is also passable.
>>
>>61191824
the only person projecting is you for thinking others pretend to like music.
>>
>>61192992
>shouldn't we detest top 40 pop?

Holy fuck cringe out the fucking ass you autist fuck

>we
Think for yourself or kill yourself faggot, the world is too crowded for nobodies like you to just come along and copy other people's opinions, if you're just gonna be a clone then fuck off.

>dismissing top 40 just cuz it's top 40

Holy shit I dislike the average top 40 sigh like most people on here do, but it's because they usually suck not because they're top 40. People that dismiss songs without listening to them are garbage. Fuck you faggot.
>>
>>61193087
:)) calm down little beastie
>>
>>61191199
Is this album's most comparable current competition Neon Indian?
>>
>>61193087
same desu
>>
>>61193112
No fuck you and the rest of you faggots that are the same. You came over from your shit boards thinking /mu/ was the exact same and you've ruined it. /mu/ used to be varied, if someone liked top 40 pop they had a good reason and people would actually hear them out and discuss it with them. Now you and your little underage friends think it's all a fucking meme and there is no discussion.
>>
production goes hard
>>
>>61193162
da fuck are you talking bout

i literally stumbled upon this forum by accident minutes ago

jesus, you internet-addicts are some kind of people
>>
>>61193237
you done did it now, pard'ner
>>
>>61193237
dubs and this guys mom dies tonight
>>
so basically fans of this lp are confirmed shallow, estranged people
>>
Do people seriously think this album is at all challenging to get into? Also, aside from Clarity being inspired by Beefheart, I can't hear the resemblance even in a general "weirdness" sense. I never made that connection.
>>
they only like that one THE UNIVERSE UNFOLDS track

it's a pretty dope track but so is the title track on Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space
>>
>>61193529
nah, i made a thread earlier today where i talked how the only good thing about the album are its maximalist pretensions a la the money store and trout mask replica, but it turns out these estranged people don't like it for that, but because of its funky rhythm section and nasally femalish vocals a la britney spears and justin timberlake

i meant to give it a compliment, they thought i was bashing it

weird people, fans of this meme guy in the middle of the crowd standing confused
>>
>>61193529
I fucking love this album but i agree that it is not that challenging to get into at all. It sounds like fucked up alien ass fucked backwards top 40 but essentially what makes it so enjoyable is that is sounds so original and weird while still having those "top 40" qualities that are enjoyable and catchy to the ear
>>
>>61193529
it isn't the glitchyness detracts from the album IMO
>>
>>61193113
please respond

If not, what is?
>>
>>61193473
>>61193585
god damn you sound like a fucking dork. music isn't a contest man, no one's impressed that you like the album for all the right reasons
>>
>>61193087
wow calm down miley
>>
>>61193658
probably death magic or dungeons of daggorath
>>
life without sex

is a life without sin

life is strange

we die and we don't know why
>>
No Now is basically an album of bangers made with weird textures. It shines because it takes what is essentially pop and mutilates it by throwing around all these strange samples, lyrics, and interludes. It's not too different from stuff like The Money Store in that regard.

The songs are impressive in that they maintain a consistently dancy core while shifting through all these crazy digressions and movements. It's a very fun listen that's appealing on a visceral dance level but also musically engaging enough to save it from being vapid.
>>
>>61193328
Reroll
>>
>>61194141
impressive
>>
>>61191199
Idk, I listened to it and it's too R&B for me, and the arabic samples in some tracks didn't mix well with the sound.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.