[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
an artist shouldn't speak outside of his music. discuss.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 3025721-poster-p-sponge.jpg (185 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
3025721-poster-p-sponge.jpg
185 KB, 1280x720
an artist shouldn't speak outside of his music. discuss.
>>
>>61184389
No because that's fucking retarded
>>
is that some tomagoyaki sushi?
>>
an artist is a person and may (or regardless, will) speak as any person may. an artist shouldn't necessarily be taken seriously outside their domain though...

pretty much a non discussion because it's going to continue to happen obviously
>>
>>61184416
thanks guess I won't be writing this paper after all!
>>
What about people like Orlan or Breyer P-Orridge, who are themselves living works of art?
>>
>>61184447
How about you come up with your own ideas on the topic, nitwit
Don't ask fucking 4chan to do your homework for you
>>
>>61184389
So if someone makes art that suddenly diminishes their rights? Fuck you.
>>
>>61184389
By your logic, you shouldn't be allowed to talk about music at all.
>>
I am saying you shouldn't as an artist you should take a step back from your work and never talk about it in a public forum.
>>
>>61184389

Artists can do whatever the fuck they want, but that doesn't mean that we should pay attention.
>>
>>61184389
but you just told me not to?
>>
>>61184438
>an artist shouldn't necessarily be taken seriously outside their domain though...
That's assuming an artist wants to be taken seriously within their domain. When I write music, I'm writing from a place of irony and try to see if I can make it interesting from there. It's a game for me. So because I play that game that could suddenly take validation out of what I do in other areas?
>>
>>61184389
it isn't that an artist should be limited in what they speak, but rather people shouldn't be asking them dumb or irrelevant questions in the first place. Artists are welcome to have an opinion, even well-founded ones, but that simply isn't their purpose within the discourse of the public sphere
>>
Not unless they're actually prepared to do something about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDQkaI6DT3s
>>
>>61184389
This should be a law, for the sake of the artists who haven't learned by now. This generation is too bent on sharing their every thought instead of bestowing it upon people in it's most powerful form, which is the art form.
>>
>>61184389
What are some artists that kind of loosely follow this principle? First ones that come to mind for me are: Jai Paul and Karin.
>>
If an artist forces themselves into being an emotionless robot while not performing or recording they will over time change to reflect this kind of bizarre lifestyle. This compromises their art, making artists less diverse as a group and thus devalues music as an art form. You can put that in your paper if you want but if I were you I would pick a better topic because this current one is stupid.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.