[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get better at making music, /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 2014-09-08 19.33.54.jpg (1018 KB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
2014-09-08 19.33.54.jpg
1018 KB, 4128x2322
How do I get better at making music, /mu/?
>>
dont go in with any preconceived ideas, keep an open mind, naivety is a tool
>>
>>61179234
Developing a good ear is probably the most important thing you can do.
>>
>>61179253
Oh shit, alright.
That's pretty good.
But I meant like, I currently suck dick at playing, and if I turn into daddy's money CalArts experimental kid, I'll hang myself.

But shit that was good too, that's pretty sage. I feel like thats a thing my granddad would say.
>>
Use ableton
Brag about using ableton
Flame people for not using ableton
Become an ambient fag
>>
>>61179268
So I can tell notes apart and stuff?
>>
>>61179268
>>61179253
>>61179287
See why the fuck is /mu/ better than /ic/ you fucks are so damn helpful. lookit all this information. meanwhile i hop in there and they tell me im a cunt for asking things. thank you /mu/, i love you.
>>
Make what you love. Don't make music that you think will be popular or follow trends. Make what you love and hope that others will love it to. Best of luck man!
>>
>>61179294
Yeah, but also things like being able to listen to your track and decide if the bass it too heavy or if the highs are too tinny, listening to someone else's music and pick out each instrument and hearing their interplay and taking inspiration from that, being able to get a "feel" for rhythm, and simply being able to know what notes and chords work together and don't clash etc etc.
>>
>>61179314
np op. also consider becoming a tripfag and find a name that really embraces your love for ableton. Something like oh idk ableion?
>>
>>61179314
/ic/ is full of really frustrated, angry beginners. I normally hate using the term "projecting," but in this case I can't think of a more appropriate term.
>>
>>61179287
>>61179498
It wasn't funny the first time, Sport. Get some new material.
>>
>>61179511
So, this guy? >>61179498 >>61179287
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.